How's your schools fishin' team?

Started by bigG, January 30, 2015, 06:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

I was chewin' the fat with an old friend yesterday and he asked if I'd ever want to get back into coaching again. I said I was pretty happy just totin' JV wrestlers around. He said "what about ice fishin'?" I said "yeah a high school ice fishin' team." ::) He then told me about it; and now, I'm thinking of doing it.

http://studentfishing.com/

I wasn't aware of this. I might just bite.  ;)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Handles II

Another reason for kids to not wrestle?

bigG

No, it's not a WIAA sport, ya nut!

You can wrestle and fish. In fact, I would try to accommodate all winter sports and only have "meets" in saturdays when most can go.

Handles II

Common Man! Wrestling tournaments are on Saturdays, whachu thinkin'??

I think fishing should be more like the golf team, where the coach goes along and golfs with the kids all day on Tuesdays for example. I'll sign up for that.

bigG

That's what I'm talkin' about. There are always a few weekend when kids don't have tournaments. What better way to regroup and find peace than to go ice fishin'.

DrSnide

Just talked about this with one of my son's last night.  He's interested and looking to find a teacher willing to take on the extra work.  

The plus side is he's a kid with no interest in wrestling (got have one out of three sons not interested I guess) or any other school activities yet he and his friends would be very engaged and excited in this school activity.  Sounds like a great way of connecting with some kids who otherwise would not be interested in the tradition extra curricular activities.  

Let us know how it goes, may need a model for our school. ;)
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

One of our wrestling coaches started an ice fishing team and the kids have really enjoyed it.  I donated some equipment to help them get started. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!