Conference champion predictions

Started by crossface49, January 27, 2015, 11:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peeweespop

Thanks for the update neutral.  It only takes a few hotheads to blemish what appeared to be a a good tournament.
I stand with Skywalker.

umpspanky71

Quote from: neutral on February 08, 2015, 08:22:10 PM
OCONOMOWOC (WITI) — After a  confrontation at a wrestling match broke out between fans at Oconomowoc High School, police have arrested a 56-year-old man for battery.

According to police, 6 or 7 adults got into an altercation during a wrestling match between West Bend and Wisconsin Lutheran High School on Saturday, February 7th, at approximately 4:40 p.m.  (correction: the 285 Championship match between B.Dam & WISCO)

Authorities say the incident began when a brother of one of the WISCO wrestlers was standing up cheering, and in doing so he was standing in front of other (W.BendEast) spectators who could not see.  

At that time, some words were exchanged and police say the adults began flailing at each other and at one point the 56-year-old man that was arrested, struck a woman which gave her a bloody nose. The woman did not require medical transport. (correction: there was no flailing at each other - there was some shoving ... and then 2 punches to the woman ... who was trying to push one of her husband's accosters away from him (he was out-numbered))

The wrestling match was discontinued in an effort to settle things down, and then later resumed.

The man charged with punching the woman was described by police as the father of one of the WISCO 220 or 285 participants. He was released following his arrest and given a court date.

Police are saying this was "not a huge fight" but say it was a case of adults losing their tempers and losing control.  (correction: 2 WISCO persons who are technically adults)

Authorities are not identifying the man who was arrested.

They are currently reviewing a video taken of the incident.

FOX6 News will continue to update this story when more information is available.

I thought this was a wrestling site. NOW ITS TURNED INTO GERALDO RIVERA POWER HOUR.
Neutral you have no idea what your talking about. I was right there through the whole thing. 1st you were
wrong, the 285 match just ended, so wrestling was done for the tourny. 2nd you were wrong there was only one punch thrown. 3rd you were wrong the losers, im sorry, the moser's were not the ones out numberd. there were 3 east parents plus the losers yelling at the younger man and one yelled out "get down monkey". thats when the arguing started. the older man, (i think his dad) got involved with the verble assult. they pushed an shoved, then mrs loser jumped from the stands calling the man a F 'n NGR and pushed the older man in the chest.
she started falling down when the man turned back an swung. I was standing right next to the man trying
to hold back the older man. this was started by east parents, mainly the losers oh sorry moser's. cause they cant handle losing. we should be talking bout the great wrestling, how jordan gundrum won his 4th title!!! beau winning his 3rd,wright an michaels there 2nd, the exciting 152 final, the 3 champs for cooney, the 5 for wisco!!! and most of all the team title coming down to the final match.
stay on point old man!!! this is about the boys an all the hard work that goes into trying to win a conference title. not for you nay sayers and know it all's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neutral

Quote from: umpspanky71 on February 09, 2015, 05:46:12 PM
OCONOMOWOC (WITI) — After a  confrontation at a wrestling match broke out between fans at Oconomowoc High School, police have arrested a 56-year-old man for battery.

According to police, 6 or 7 adults got into an altercation during a wrestling match between West Bend and Wisconsin Lutheran High School on Saturday, February 7th, at approximately 4:40 p.m.  (correction: the 285 Championship match between B.Dam & WISCO)

Authorities say the incident began when a brother of one of the WISCO wrestlers was standing up cheering, and in doing so he was standing in front of other (W.BendEast) spectators who could not see.  

At that time, some words were exchanged and police say the adults began flailing at each other and at one point the 56-year-old man that was arrested, struck a woman which gave her a bloody nose. The woman did not require medical transport. (correction: there was no flailing at each other - there was some shoving ... and then 2 punches to the woman ... who was trying to push one of her husband's accosters away from him (he was out-numbered))

The wrestling match was discontinued in an effort to settle things down, and then later resumed.

The man charged with punching the woman was described by police as the father of one of the WISCO 220 or 285 participants. He was released following his arrest and given a court date.

Police are saying this was "not a huge fight" but say it was a case of adults losing their tempers and losing control.  (correction: 2 WISCO persons who are technically adults)

FOX6 News will continue to update this story when more information is available.

I thought this was a wrestling site. NOW ITS TURNED INTO GERALDO RIVERA POWER HOUR.
Neutral you have no idea what your talking about. I was right there through the whole thing. 1st you were
wrong, the 285 match just ended, so wrestling was done for the tourny. 2nd you were wrong there was only one punch thrown. 3rd you were wrong the losers, im sorry, the moser's were not the ones out numberd. there were 3 east parents plus the losers yelling at the younger man and one yelled out "get down monkey". thats when the arguing started. the older man, (i think his dad) got involved with the verble assult. they pushed an shoved, then mrs loser jumped from the stands calling the man a F 'n NGR and pushed the older man in the chest.
she started falling down when the man turned back an swung. I was standing right next to the man trying
to hold back the older man. this was started by east parents, mainly the losers oh sorry moser's. cause they cant handle losing. we should be talking bout the great wrestling, how jordan gundrum won his 4th title!!! beau winning his 3rd,wright an michaels there 2nd, the exciting 152 final, the 3 champs for cooney, the 5 for wisco!!! and most of all the team title coming down to the final match.
stay on point old man!!! this is about the boys an all the hard work that goes into trying to win a conference title. not for you nay sayers and know it all's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about irresponsible reporting ... Geraldo (er, umpspanky71) ...

First - I used no names ... but you certainly feel no hesitancy to toss names around attached to your hear-say.

Secondly - the print in black & red was reported by WITI ... I just cut & pasted it.  The red is what is (technically) incorrect  - although  not of great impact to the story.  My (tyechnical) corrections are in blue.

There were 2 punches ... unless you have some definition that requires a certain amount of force or impact to be considered a punch.  There is video evidence of this not available to the public (yet?) - because it was provided to the police.

I can't vauch for exactly what exactly was said ... or by exactly who - but the older brother was responsible for being the instigator of the situation ... and could have diffused the situation long before it escalated.

If this puts 1 or 2 WISCO people in a bad light ... sorry about that.  The fact is that the police have it on tape ... and 1 person is charged with assult.  Regardless of the rest of the details ... that will tell you who is responsible for things getting out of hand.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

umpspanky71

Quote from: neutral on February 09, 2015, 09:11:48 PM

First - I used no names ... but you certainly feel no hesitancy to toss names around attached to your hear-say.

Secondly - the print in black & red was reported by WITI ... I just cut & pasted it.  The red is what is (technically) incorrect  - although  not of great impact to the story.  My (tyechnical) corrections are in blue.

There were 2 punches ... unless you have some definition that requires a certain amount of force or impact to be considered a punch.  There is video evidence of this not available to the public (yet?) - because it was provided to the police.

I can't vauch for exactly what exactly was said ... or by exactly who - but the older brother was responsible for being the instigator of the situation ... and could have diffused the situation long before it escalated.

If this puts 1 or 2 WISCO people in a bad light ... sorry about that.  The fact is that the police have it on tape ... and 1 person is charged with assult.  Regardless of the rest of the details ... that will tell you who is responsible for things getting out of hand.

i understand the info was from ch. 6 or 5 witi. but i was there i saw an heard everything. the father should not have interveind, but that still isnt right to use racial slurs just cause the guy was applauding
his brother, who lost by the way. was a good sport by the way. your just like the rest of the biggots
in this conference. you think you have the right to say hatefull things an not get a re=action. maybe being
a cooney you could teach your own how to win. sampson has no class!!!!!! im just a fan who loves wrestling an have no intrest in any one team. stop with your here say,(the blue B.S. highlight) you saw from a distance an listening to what you want. if you want to report things, report on your classless cooney wrestlers who wouldnt even come out for the champions picture. unbelievable. thats why none of the other teams can stand you guys. you cheat,play dirty, and talk smack an cant back it up. I will be at regionals watching my favorite sport ,if you would like to meet and talk I would like to do that. only if we can talk wrestling, and not this crud. i wear a camo hat that says berco, ill have a U.S.A. wrestling sweatshirt on. hope to see you at stoughton. 

neutral

Quote from: umpspanky71 on February 09, 2015, 11:42:15 PM
Quote from: neutral on February 09, 2015, 09:11:48 PM

Secondly - the print in black & red was reported by WITI ... I just cut & pasted it.  The red is what is (technically) incorrect  - although  not of great impact to the story.  My (tyechnical) corrections are in blue.

There were 2 punches ... unless you have some definition that requires a certain amount of force or impact to be considered a punch.  There is video evidence of this not available to the public (yet?) - because it was provided to the police.

If this puts 1 or 2 WISCO people in a bad light ... sorry about that.  The fact is that the police have it on tape ... and 1 person is charged with assult.  Regardless of the rest of the details ... that will tell you who is responsible for things getting out of hand.

i understand the info was from ch. 6 or 5 witi. but i was there i saw an heard everything. the father should not have interveind, but that still isnt right to use racial slurs just cause the guy was applauding
his brother, who lost by the way. was a good sport by the way. your just like the rest of the biggots
in this conference. you think you have the right to say hatefull things an not get a re=action. maybe being
a cooney you could teach your own how to win. sampson has no class!!!!!! im just a fan who loves wrestling an have no intrest in any one team. stop with your here say,(the blue B.S. highlight) you saw from a distance an listening to what you want. if you want to report things, report on your classless cooney wrestlers who wouldnt even come out for the champions picture. unbelievable. thats why none of the other teams can stand you guys. you cheat,play dirty, and talk smack an cant back it up. I will be at regionals watching my favorite sport ,if you would like to meet and talk I would like to do that. only if we can talk wrestling, and not this crud. i wear a camo hat that says berco, ill have a U.S.A. wrestling sweatshirt on. hope to see you at stoughton.  

I was right there as well - in fact, I was one of the guys helping the lady up ... after moving 3 rows down to position myself to get between the older brother and the East guy (since the older brother was right in the East guy's face with his arm & fist cocked).  The father did not "intervene" ... he attacked.

I was in the first row of Cooney fans (4? rows up from the floor) - nobody from our section said anything ... until after the punch ... (in trying to control the situation ... which was accomplished) ... it could have ben much worse.  If what you say was said ... was said - it was from in front of us - and if that person can be identified ... should be banned from HS athletic events in the future.

As far as the instigator of the situation is concerned - the older brother was standing much more often than sitting during the 220 & 285 matches ... often moving closer to the mat than he should have been (I see ropes in oiur future ... for those who can't control themselves) ... blocking the views of some in the first 2-3 rows.  Without hearing what was said (there was a little noise there) ... but obesrving the hand/arm interactions of multiple requests for him to sit down - there is 1 (WL) person who could have diffused the encounter. There are 2 more - 1/WE & 1/WL/who was charged - who are at also fault for it escalating.  None of this ... except getting it under control ... had to do with Cooney.  It pisses me off that Oconomowoc has to share the headline just for hosting the tournament ... which I think they did a great job of.

I am not even going to begin to address the myriad of crud accusations listed above about Samson, the Cooney team, or the Cooney fans ... except to say that Sampson is a great kid and team leader.  If the team did not show for a champions picture - they should have ... and don't know why they didn't ... but will give them the benefit of the doubt (because it would be the first lapse in judgement I am aware of ... and I have seen 95%+ of all Cooney competition since 1997).  I would bet that - if the day had not ended in a confrontation as it did ... the ceremony would have progressed as normal ... and they would have partaken in all aspects of it ... as normal (which was anything but the case).  I think WISCO has a few of its own to thank for that.

Including the fight in WISCO's parking lot during?/after? a basketball game this year ... it's pretty ironic to listen to you bad-mouth Cooney about sportsmanship - who did nothing but host the tournament ... and try to restore calm.  If you think Cooney is the most disliked team in the conference ... you must be wearing rose colored glasses.

I am anything but a biggot ... another clueless assumption/accusation on your part - and neither are any other of the Cooney fans I am aware of.  I cheered for WISCO kids in competioin & on the podium in Madison last year ... and will again this year.

I'm not sure what you'll be doing at Stoughton ... unless you're a Watertown fan?.  I have no interest in meeting you - but will be wearing the same yellow Cooney cap I was wearing last Saturday (there were at least 2 of us) ... that you can see in the video.  I can't see a camo berco cap though ... where were you?  

umpspanky71

just like I thought never my fault not our fault we were good little indians. 13 calls to executive pastor
fisher the past two days, to appologize for east's behavior. 1 from a lady from your group, saying the language was horrible. I am friends with alot of wisco familys, and watertown as well. just like the hater and loser you are i knew you would bring up the shooting incident. fyi the girls in ?? didnt even go to wisco. your 
a hater and always will be. jealous that your not a winner, or have the love of the lord. but I will pray for you and the classless fans you have. (not all cooney) but you know who you are. i never wanted to see you either i met you last year at hartford, get a new hat although yellow suites a hater. its too bad there is'nt
many on this site anymore i'm glad the little ten will be dead soon so the other teams dont have to put up
with your poor sportsmanship. maybe when you get in your new conference, you will win a football game. YEAH I know you still dwell on the 84 - 82 game but it took you 84 points lol lol oh memories. love somebody other then yourself and find god, because he does'nt like haters. by the way i was the guy in the red shirt trying to split everybody up an keep peace. did not see you do anything to help anyone till she was halfway to the trainers table. keep the hat,yellow. great job all wrestlers. ok everybody (all 4 of you that chat on here) neutral is gonna amaze us with some more lackluster info he gets from the media
hahahahahaha

neutral

Quote from: umpspanky71 on February 10, 2015, 04:34:15 PM
just like I thought never my fault not our fault we were good little indians. 13 calls to executive pastor
fisher the past two days, to appologize for east's behavior. 1 from a lady from your group, saying the language was horrible. I am friends with alot of wisco familys, and watertown as well. just like the hater and loser you are i knew you would bring up the shooting incident. fyi the girls in ?? didnt even go to wisco. your 
a hater and always will be. jealous that your not a winner, or have the love of the lord. but I will pray for you and the classless fans you have. (not all cooney) but you know who you are. i never wanted to see you either i met you last year at hartford, get a new hat although yellow suites a hater. its too bad there is'nt
many on this site anymore i'm glad the little ten will be dead soon so the other teams dont have to put up
with your poor sportsmanship. maybe when you get in your new conference, you will win a football game. YEAH I know you still dwell on the 84 - 82 game but it took you 84 points lol lol oh memories. love somebody other then yourself and find god, because he does'nt like haters. by the way i was the guy in the red shirt trying to split everybody up an keep peace. did not see you do anything to help anyone till she was halfway to the trainers table. keep the hat,yellow. great job all wrestlers. ok everybody (all 4 of you that chat on here) neutral is gonna amaze us with some more lackluster info he gets from the media
hahahahahaha

I'm glad people from East called to apologize ... as they should have.  I'm glad a lady from Oconomowoc called to ad her testimony of what happened (but I'm sure it had nothing to do with bad behavior or language from Cooney).  As I said - I didn't hear anything ... and I didn't say nobody could have - but rather that ... "If what you say was said ... was said - it was from in front of us - and if that person can be identified ... should be banned from HS athletic events in the future"

Other than that - who the heck are you to tell me that I am absent the love of the Lord.  If the Lord you serve? tells you to put people down and falsely accuse others ... I happier than ever to be a Catholic (and I haven't been too happy about that lately).  Do yourself a favor - print this thread ... take it to your pastor ... identify your contributions ... and ask him what he thinks of it/you.  Lots of issues there to deal with.

By the way - I didn't have the yellow hat at Hartford last year.

umpspanky71

didnt say you had the hat on. someone from wisco intoduced me to you, which even then you came off as a whiner, just like most of cooney nation. I will pray extra hard for you, especially knowing your catholic. Im not a hater or a liar an i can admit not all our fans are perfect. we try to govern ourselves the best we can. I just wish i could have gotten in between the two, but i was too slow. dont fool yourself into thinking you an your tribe are so well behaved. iv'e been following little ten since 2001. your right about 1 thing and only 1 thing. my god wants me to love my brother. which i do, we may dissagree on whos to blame and who said what, but the whole thing stinks. your my brother and i will pray that you can take the blinders off an see an hear whats right in front of you. GO LITTLE TEN WRESTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neutral

You're right on one thing only ... GO LITTLE TEN WRESTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!