Conference champion predictions

Started by crossface49, January 27, 2015, 11:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface49

Know it's a bit early......thoughts on conference champions?
106 - Ziebell
113 - De Los Angeles (have a feeling he bumps up)
120 - Brenning
126 - Hyland
132 - tepra Wright
138 - Muckerheide
145 - Aaron Michaels
152 - Beine
160 - Gundrum
170 - Breske
182 - Schlass
195 - Kuehl
220 - Sampson
HWT - Reed

GOYA

So I take it you have a feeling Rettler bumps up as well?

neutral

Quote from: crossface49 on January 27, 2015, 11:47:17 AM
106 - Ziebell
120 - Brenning
126 - Hyland
132 - tepra Wright
138 - Muckerheide ... or Forester
145 - Aaron Michaels ... Brandon Laughlan
152 - Beine ... or Rettler
160 - Rettler ... (oh yah) Jordan Gundrum
170 - Breske
182 - Schlass
195 - Kuehl
220 - Sampson
HWT - Reed

As they say ... second impressions are always best.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

crossface49

You're right GOYA......Don't know why I was thinking Rettler was at 160. I'll take Malik Smith at 160 and stick with Biene at 152

crossface49

I should probably take my predictions off this post since Gundrum completely slipped my mind. I was shooting from the hip when I posted. There's no doubt that Gundrum will win at 160. Thanks for pointing that out and next time I'll be more studious :-\

peeweespop

Like the coach says, "shoot and re shoot."
I stand with Skywalker.

umpspanky71

i think michaels is going 138. he was at oshkosh. what about fortester at 138. i heard muckerhiede might go
145 is that true??????

sunrangereagle

Hyland (126) was teched by West Bend East last night.

Quote from: neutral on January 27, 2015, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: crossface49 on January 27, 2015, 11:47:17 AM
106 - Ziebell
120 - Brenning
126 - Hyland
132 - tepra Wright
138 - Muckerheide ... or Forester
145 - Aaron Michaels ... Brandon Laughlan
152 - Beine ... or Rettler
160 - Rettler ... (oh yah) Jordan Gundrum
170 - Breske
182 - Schlass
195 - Kuehl
220 - Sampson
HWT - Reed

As they say ... second impressions are always best.

neutral

With less than a handful of exceptions ... picking individual champions can be a crudshoot.
Who wrestles where ... who wrestles at another level ... etc.

The team championship is what I'm interested in watching.  I believe it could be very close between Cooney & WISCO. 
All teams will have a say in it though ... as 1st-5th place individual finishes may all make the difference in the team scores.

I don't have all the head-to-heads - but Cooney's & WISCO's scores against the rest of the teams have been very similar ... and the depth of several weight classes will have a big influence.

It will be an exciting day of wrestling ... that's for sure!   

crossface49

Napoleon.....Is Moser dropping to 145?

boowrestle

Why would the #8 ranked kid(DLA) run up to a higher wt class ???/
you can run but you cannot hide.

crossface49

De Los Angeles has been having trouble, as of late, making weight. In addition, he goes back and forth with Lor and he was losing his entire match with Ziebell until the last 15 seconds. 113 is pretty weak. Not sure if De Los Angeles will make the jump but it will not surprise me one bit to see one or more 106ers jump up for conference.

neutral

Quote from: sunrangereagle on January 30, 2015, 12:24:32 PM
Hyland (126) was teched by West Bend East last night.

Not a representative match by Hyland ... turned out to be sick afterwards. He has wrestled well overall ... and I wouldn't count him out.   

peeweespop

What happened with this arrest that was made during one of the matches?  I saw a video of this.  Man, can't we all just get along?
I stand with Skywalker.

neutral

OCONOMOWOC (WITI) — After a  confrontation at a wrestling match broke out between fans at Oconomowoc High School, police have arrested a 56-year-old man for battery.

According to police, 6 or 7 adults got into an altercation during a wrestling match between West Bend and Wisconsin Lutheran High School on Saturday, February 7th, at approximately 4:40 p.m.  (correction: the 285 Championship match between B.Dam & WISCO)

Authorities say the incident began when a brother of one of the WISCO wrestlers was standing up cheering, and in doing so he was standing in front of other (W.BendEast) spectators who could not see.  

At that time, some words were exchanged and police say the adults began flailing at each other and at one point the 56-year-old man that was arrested, struck a woman which gave her a bloody nose. The woman did not require medical transport. (correction: there was no flailing at each other - there was some shoving ... and then 2 punches to the woman ... who was trying to push one of her husband's accosters away from him (he was out-numbered))

The wrestling match was discontinued in an effort to settle things down, and then later resumed.

The man charged with punching the woman was described by police as the father of one of the WISCO 220 or 285 participants. He was released following his arrest and given a court date.

Police are saying this was "not a huge fight" but say it was a case of adults losing their tempers and losing control.  (correction: 2 WISCO persons who are technically adults)

Authorities are not identifying the man who was arrested.

They are currently reviewing a video taken of the incident.

FOX6 News will continue to update this story when more information is available.