Big hole in the schedule?

Started by leg turk, January 26, 2015, 07:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

2-6-15  Rutgers
2-7-15  Bluegold open, Eauclaire ( Redshirts ? )
2-8-15  at Illinois
2-22-15  at Iowa State

3-7-15  Big Tens

Only the one match at Iowa State, from Feb 8th until March 7th, a whole month?  Doesn't that seem like a lot of time between matches?  How do you stay sharp?  I get the fact that you could get healthy, but how do you stay sharp?

nutters55

Their schedule has been goofy all year.  Only a couple of tournaments at the beginning of the year, and Midlands.  If there was a tournamentin there some where I think that would be just enough. 
failure to prepare, is preparing to fail....

sudden_victory

The good news is Ryan Taylor should have three good matches against Scott Delvecchio, Zane Richards and Earl Hall. Does anyone know why Rossi Bruno didn't wrestle for Michigan?
Life is a bowl of cherries.

digimon

The Badgers wrestling schedule is a little weak this season. They have no control over the Big10 duals they are matched up with, but they could schedule a couple tough non-Big10 duals or go to another tough tournament. I hope the lack of tough competition throughout the season doesn't bite them in the backside come tournament time.

ChargerDad

Wisconsins home schedule

Maryland
Purdue
Indiana
Rutgers

Minnesotas home schedule

Grand Canyon
Michigan State
Oklahoma State
Northwestern
Michigan
Illinois
Iowa

Wisconsin had no control over their B1G schedule, those schedulers showed the Badgers no love, but 4 home duals is pathetic.. Go out and schedule some tough home duals and road duals..

badgerjohn

Trevor did say on video next season is 7 home duals
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

ChargerDad

Be nice for those of us from out of town to be able to buy tickets in advance too.

leg turk

I just wish somehow we could get a better marketing scheme for the wrestling team.  It just doesn't seem like anything gets done to market this team.  Iowa and Minessota put out great highlight video's to get the fans fired up.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Trevor pointed out that during the two week gap the team gets to work on more things - technique, conditioning, etc the first week because they do not have to make weight every week. 

Since the gap between the last week of the regular season and the Big Tens is 2 weeks, and between the Big Tens and NCAA's is 2 weeks, getting the team used to that work out plan could have some benefits, and help them stay healthier for the end of the season.  They are trying to use the schedule given to them to the team's advantage.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

cross-face

billymurphy

Typical Iowa guy, pushes Medbery in the face after he loses. 

cross-face

Quote from: billymurphy on February 02, 2015, 01:37:01 PM
Typical Iowa guy, pushes Medbery in the face after he loses. 

So true. Typical Medbery smile as well. Kid loves wrestling.