Wrestling match or cage fight?

Started by handsandtoes, January 23, 2015, 10:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handsandtoes

I've never seen anything like this tonight. My middle school son came out of a 3 minute match with a black eye, busted lip, a knob the size of an egg on the back of his head, claw marks across his back and a full hand pinch mark on his groin that drew blood to the skin. How.... the kid cross faced him for the black eye, when he had a chest crusher hooked up the kid picked him up and slammed him on his knee, he head butted him so hard in the back of the head he got the lump, and grabbed his junk and pinched so hard on his skin it drew blood. The match was officiated by a wiaa ref? He warned him a few times but nothing was done. I am not crying my son is fine. My point is I don't think that kid new one move. All he did was go out and fight. Oh yea his dad was his coach.

mike

Quote from: handsandtoes on January 23, 2015, 10:49:03 PM
I've never seen anything like this tonight. My middle school son came out of a 3 minute match with a black eye, busted lip, a knob the size of an egg on the back of his head, claw marks across his back and a full hand pinch mark on his groin that drew blood to the skin. How.... the kid cross faced him for the black eye, when he had a chest crusher hooked up the kid picked him up and slammed him on his knee, he head butted him so hard in the back of the head he got the lump, and grabbed his junk and pinched so hard on his skin it drew blood. The match was officiated by a wiaa ref? He warned him a few times but nothing was done. I am not crying my son is fine. My point is I don't think that kid new one move. All he did was go out and fight. Oh yea his dad was his coach.
was the kid wearing a morgan headgear?  ;D

sounds like after ref warned him a few times and it continued the ref prob should have starting penalizing him

side note....I do hate that Athens chest crusher!

handsandtoes

No Morgan headgear Mike. Yea that Athens chest crusher holds some bad memories for a lot of people. LOL  Funny thing is he picked the right one of my boy's to do it to. That would have happened to his older brother and they would have hauled that kid out on a stretcher. LOL I would say this about the way the kid wrestled,  it was for sure a school thing. As far as DQ-ing him. 3 minutes goes by very fast and when it is not the same thing over and over again it is hard to pick it up, not complaining about the reffing at all. Once again no worries I raise my boy's pretty tough (lot's of venison!) My little guy said to me Dad what do I do when they do that to me. I said ask your brother.

dozer

Quote from: handsandtoes on January 23, 2015, 10:49:03 PM

First I hope your kid is ok from the head butt!  Myself being involved in MMA for many years I laugh at your comparison of "wrestling match or cage fight". Head butting or grabbing a hand full of your opponents junk is certainly not tolerated in the world of MMA.  I would also say it's a far fetched cry in your other post that this is a "school/team" thing and not the kid. C'mon man you really think there's schools teaching that dirty style of wrestling? Also, what is your point about his dad being the coach? We've seen many teams this year that had coaches with their kids on the team. Sounds to me this kid was probably getting his butt kicked and did everything he could even dirty to not lose.  Again, I hope your son is ok as he is a great wrestler!
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson

handsandtoes

Dozer, I guess I should have said street fight not cage fight. LOL The kid beat my son 4-2. He was ahead the whole match. My son scored 2 at the end of the 3rd period. The school thing  I would just say he was not the only wrestler that did it. As far as the "Dad thing" I guess you would of had to be there to watch the dad going yea when the kid was head butting from behind. I swear the kid did not know a move. It was all good though great lesson for my son. Wrestling is a tough sport. As you can attest to middle school and high school is a whole different ball game. In high school you will come up on the short end of the stick 99% of the time doing what he did. Good stuff.

dozer

Quote from: handsandtoes on January 24, 2015, 02:38:07 PM
Dozer, I guess I should have said street fight not cage fight. LOL The kid beat my son 4-2. He was ahead the whole match. My son scored 2 at the end of the 3rd period. The school thing  I would just say he was not the only wrestler that did it. As far as the "Dad thing" I guess you would of had to be there to watch the dad going yea when the kid was head butting from behind. I swear the kid did not know a move. It was all good though great lesson for my son. Wrestling is a tough sport. As you can attest to middle school and high school is a whole different ball game. In high school you will come up on the short end of the stick 99% of the time doing what he did. Good stuff.

That's sad to hear his dad/coach was encouraging the dirty play! You are absolutely correct about the differences from Middle to High School wrestling. Good luck the rest of the season!
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson