d1 state champ predictions

Started by statman, January 19, 2015, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiger

106- Szohr (will be dominant)
113- Mocco (unless Lee is back or VanMaanen drops)
120- VanMaanen (can drop to 113, will win at any weight)
126- Acosta (will be a close one between him and Folley)
132- Leon (I just think he will win even though the lose to Arneson)
138- Lee (no doubt)
145- Smith (top 3 will be close)
152- Ziolkowski (him and Dowd)
160- Massie (would like to see the freshman too)
170- Breske (no doubt)
182- Waddell (top 4 I belive will be close)
195- Stokke (just good... Cheesehead champ)
220- Ingold (got to much going for him right now)
285- Micolichek (just because he's #1)

crossface49

106 - Szor Germantown
113 - Furseth Janesville
120 - Spray (Would pick Shea but ankle injury scares me)
126 - Folley (Beat Acosta 12-0?)
132 - Arneson Merrill
138 - Hornickle Burlington
145 - Ziolkowski DC Everest(If he drops) otherwise I'll take Smith Sauk
152 - Schmid Verona (Unless Ziolkowski stays at 152. Would love to take Isparides but he's had it rough at state in the past.
160 - Krattinger Waterford (Hope him and Gundrum end up in the finals)
170 - Breske Hartford
182 - Waddell Menomonie
195 - Abel Rapids
220 - Johnson Kenosha
HWT - Toppel Deforest

AmerysFinest

106- Szohr
113- Mocco
120- VanMaanen
(126- Folley (this kid is on another level) dominated acosta
132- Leon dominated marko
138- Lee (no contest)
145- Smith
152- Ziolkowski
160- Massie
(170- Breske (no doubt)
182- Waddell
195- Stokke
220- ingold

breske, szhor and lee will coast...folley is more dominant than anyone in his bracket this year, leon will turn it on!

boowrestle

Crossface,Nolan Shea 120lbs,Dalton Shea 106lbs(has ankle injury)120lb Shea is not injured.Some of you are awful high on a freshman at 113lbs,tough pick when you consider that 4 of the top 5 returning state placewinners(106lbs)are all going to be at 113lbs.Should be real interesting wt class to watch.
you can run but you cannot hide.

ElectricGuy

Have to agree with Boo - Mocco is a very good wrestler, Surprised with all the picks for him, there are many kids at 113 with very strong resumes this year.  Furseth, Hanson, Lee, Hensley (if he stays), White & Van Maanen - if they drop

As for Folley - again great wrestler, but it's a bit like Groundhog day - each year we hear how dominate he is, of course he is dominate, you don't see their team at Lordes, Bistate, cheese, badger, etc...  No disrespect to the Couger Inv, Stech Inv, Cutler Inv - just not at the same level - I shouldn't be surprised by that brash statement - each year same couple posters.  That field is loaded with White, Hasselberg, Fosser, Smith, and others.  He has a very good shot, but it's going to be a dog fight to the end.
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

suspended106

Just a thought everyone is over looking Hasselberger. Just because folley beat Acosta when he was ranked number one DOSNT mean oh yeah this kids going to win state I think Hasselberger is gonna be tough to beat and he's gonna go into the tournament looking for it this year since he was a runner up last year

boowrestle

ElectricGuy,Well said!!See you in Milton in morning.Good luck to all wrestlers competing in their various conference tournaments,especially to all the Badger Conference wrestlers competing in one of the toughest conference tournaments in the state!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

wrestle84

AmerysFinest

well said and nobody is looking over hasselberger...the kid is beast as he was last year!! Folleymay not have the toughest schedule but he has wrestled tough guys according to track wrestling and I caught a glimpse of the kid last yearbut mostly this year, hes the real deal....I think he'll take it

wrestling135

I have to agree never count hasselberg out come tournament time. He's a gamer when it comes to the kohl center. He knows what it takes and he always seems to really turn it on. Now im not saying he is going to be champ at 26. Im just saying just because he hasn't had the best season thus far doesn't mean he can be counted out. He's dangerous at the end of march.

wrestling135

Quote from: AmerysFinest on February 06, 2015, 08:32:43 AM
106- Szohr
113- Mocco
120- VanMaanen
(126- Folley (this kid is on another level) dominated acosta
132- Leon dominated marko
138- Lee (no contest)
145- Smith
152- Ziolkowski
160- Massie
(170- Breske (no doubt)
182- Waddell
195- Stokke
220- ingold

breske, szhor and lee will coast...folley is more dominant than anyone in his bracket this year, leon will turn it on!

I do know that Acosta was still hurt from his finals match against wright. I think it was his elbow.?  But again, Acosta beat Wright pretty soundly at OTW and Foley lost to Wright later that day after he beat  Acosta.  I think a healthy acosta Beats folly by 2/3.

suspended106

All I can say is it's going to be one heck of a tournament with some great matches looking forward to it

AmerysFinest

acosta wrestled that day, which means he was ok to wrestle...no excuses

OneEyedFatMan

He was huge two years ago at 160, so I would guess not.

Quote from: wrestle84 on February 06, 2015, 09:50:34 AM
Can Reinhardt drop to 160?
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

AmerysFinest

this will be a great tournament!!! good luck to every hard working kid!!!!