Deadwood

Started by easytopin, January 18, 2015, 06:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

Anybody else watch this? I just finished the first season and I think its awesome...Very entertaining.  Quite a few drinking games are possible with the swearing in it for good or bad.

imnofish

Have never seen it.  What's it about...   the old west, or deforestation? 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

It is about the olds set but very raw probably allot like it really was.....Al Swearington is one bad dude.

Oh yea if like pork don't watch it .........lol

HBO original series.

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on January 18, 2015, 08:04:37 PM
It is about the olds set but very raw probably allot like it really was.....Al Swearington is one bad dude.

Oh yea if like pork don't watch it .........lol

HBO original series.

Darn!  I like bacon. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

TomM

I really liked this series.  Just saw it this past fall.  A friend recommended it a long time ago, but I did not have what ever channel it was on.  Now I found another way to view it.
I believe it was on from 2003-2006?  Only three seasons and never had an 'ending' episode.  It was just not renewed.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

I hate that when that happens!  My wife bought the complete set of DVDs for some program (can't remember the name).  Wanted me to watch the whole thing with her, so we brought it up to the campsite to watch on rainy days.  We had a few consecutive wet days and no tv reception, so this seemed like a perfect solution.  Turned out to be some sort of Western and it was pretty good.  Built up to the series climax and then nothin'....     >:(   No explanation of why, either.  Seems the characters and their horses all just vanished into thin air!   ???   

ramjet

QuoteThough the series was not officially cancelled, the series' cast options were not picked up, leaving the actors free to pursue other projects. If new Deadwood episodes were commissioned at a later time, it's unlikely that all of the large number of cast-members would be available to participate.

A little search shows the show creator was offered short term renewed but rejected the offer.

easytopin

Now on to Season 2....wonder who will be feeding pigs this season.

imnofish

The "feeding pigs" reference has piqued my interest, but I don't get HBO.  What's the story behind that?