Favorite Sitcom

Started by ramjet, January 15, 2015, 11:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What of the following is you're favorite sitcom?

Everybody Loves Raymond
1 (7.7%)
King of Queens
2 (15.4%)
Rules of Engagment
3 (23.1%)
The Middle
0 (0%)
Big Bang Theory
7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

ramjet

So in the spirit of irritating HandlesII and living up to Dales challenge for intellectual topics here you go.

bigoil

Putty!

I also like the goldbergs, Seinfeld, cheers, two and half men.

ramjet

Well you are not a contributor to my success therefore all you're requests are denied..... >:(

imnofish

No sitcom poll is legit without The Andy Griffith Show. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Greatest show in history. Only the B&W episodes, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DrSnide

Is it bad that I am not a fan on any of those choices?
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

Not even Andy?!

I liked Taxi.

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

TomM

My favorites...
Sadly neither lasted long enough  (for me)

1) Norm (1999–2001) (with Norm MacDonald)
If you had seen it, you would have liked it... Not on too long...
The IMDB description: "Norm Henderson is an ex-hockey player who was banned from hockey for life for gambling and tax evasion. Now he must do 5 years of community service as a social worker or go to prison. His coworkers are collection of burn-outs and basically inept losers, with one exception - Laurie, who ends up spending a lot of time trying to bail out Norm. "

2) The Drew Carey Show (1995–2004) Obviously, with Drew Carey...
A good one... Again... If you had seen it, you would have liked it...
IMDB description: Drew is an assistant director of personnel in a Cleveland department store and he has been stuck there for ten years. Other than fighting with co-worker Mimi, his hobbies include drinking beer and not being able to get dates. To make a few extra bucks he has a micro-brewery going in his garage with his buddies.

I suppose in the interest of full disclosure I should admit, they created both sitcoms by following me around for years, taking notes, then creating two sitcoms involving all things that have occurred in my personal life... At least that is what watching those two shows led me to believe.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on January 22, 2015, 10:24:11 PM
My favorites...
Sadly neither lasted long enough  (for me)

1) Norm (1999–2001) (with Norm MacDonald)
If you had seen it, you would have liked it... Not on too long...
The IMDB description: "Norm Henderson is an ex-hockey player who was banned from hockey for life for gambling and tax evasion. Now he must do 5 years of community service as a social worker or go to prison. His coworkers are collection of burn-outs and basically inept losers, with one exception - Laurie, who ends up spending a lot of time trying to bail out Norm. "

2) The Drew Carey Show (1995–2004) Obviously, with Drew Carey...
A good one... Again... If you had seen it, you would have liked it...
IMDB description: Drew is an assistant director of personnel in a Cleveland department store and he has been stuck there for ten years. Other than fighting with co-worker Mimi, his hobbies include drinking beer and not being able to get dates. To make a few extra bucks he has a micro-brewery going in his garage with his buddies.

I suppose in the interest of full disclosure I should admit, they created both sitcoms by following me around for years, taking notes, then creating two sitcoms involving all things that have occurred in my personal life... At least that is what watching those two shows led me to believe.
Tom = muse?   :o :o :o :o :o 

bigG

I'd have to say, sincem 1990 Cedric the Entertainer (his show) and  The PJs were about my favorites. CtE wasn't a sitcom; but those skits were better than any SNL, SCTV, etc. Just pantpssn hilarious.

eagleeye

Tom, I have to say the Drew Cary show was funny as heck. One of my favorites was when the boys did the stripper act dressed as UPS guys and spun the boxes. If you seen it you will know what I mean.
I also liked the Home Improvement show with Tim Allen. The tool girls were nice 8)
Live long and prosper

bigG

Ant Titus fans out there? Anytime you throw Stacy Keach in a show, I'll be laughin'. That man can just act. But in that show he was just supposed to be crude and funny.

My favorite scene, maybe in history, was when he was having a heart attack and he stopped at the drive through for a double bacon burger, fries and a shake, and he had a beer in his hand, and a cigarette in his mouth.

It was an average show with an unreal great actor.

ramjet

imnofish

Taxi, Home Improvement, Drew Carey, Seinfeld, Cheers, Coach...   all extremely funny!