Good duals

Started by padre, January 13, 2015, 01:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

padre

The top three teams in the conference start meeting this week. Bonduel brings a lot of excellent wrestlers to WB on Thursday night and I look forward to a very close dual. If both teams are at full strength it could come down to the last match.

Willie

I have been crunching numbers lately and depending on movements, all three teams could come down to a match or two. I think Wittenberg, Bonduel and Shiocton have been representing the conference very well this year team wise. So big hats off and kudos to those programs. Looking forward to an exciting end to the conference race and state tournament. Good luck to all!

bigdawg

I think Bonduel has a very legitimate chance to beat Wittenberg this year.  I have looked at both teams on paper and I think Bonduel might have a slight edge.  Good thing duals aren't won on paper though!  Should be a good one! 

Willie

Looks like the first dual of three did not disappoint. And looks like it came down to a match or two. Must have been one heck of a dual to be at. There was a little bit of moving, but that's what wrestling is all about. Great dual between two good programs!

padre

Very good dual. Chargers won the flip which helped decide the match-ups in their favor. Turn of events in the 195 pound weight class made the dual extremely close.  Kids wrestled extremely hard on both sides and there were tons of tense moments and a great crowd.

switch_it

Yes very good dual.  Both teams have plenty of quality wrestlers that made it a very exciting match last night.  It's just too bad that the flip more than likely determined who won the match, and possibly the conference.  Had Bonduel won the flip, we are probably looking at 39-33 in Bonduel's favor.  Having said all of that, Shiocton will still have their opportunities against both Witt-Birn and Bonduel before the Conference Tournament.   

padre

Quote from: switch_it on January 16, 2015, 09:45:54 PM
Yes very good dual.  Both teams have plenty of quality wrestlers that made it a very exciting match last night.  It's just too bad that the flip more than likely determined who won the match, and possibly the conference.  Had Bonduel won the flip, we are probably looking at 39-33 in Bonduel's favor.  Having said all of that, Shiocton will still have their opportunities against both Witt-Birn and Bonduel before the Conference Tournament.   

All part of the game. Part of trying to win dual matches. Had a pin been called first period of 195 pound match it wouldn't even be discussed. So many ups and downs in duals you can never pin point exactly how it's going to work but I do know the WB staff always does their homework,

Wrestlologist

Shiocton tied Bonduel at Conference Duals in Plainfield today and then won on the 11th criteria.
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

Willie

Bonduel/Shiocton match was really intense! There was a ton of moving around during the match. All the matches ended in pins.