What I "won't" be watching on TV... no way, no how...

Started by TomM, January 11, 2015, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Watch the History and Discovery Channels. Yah, the Alien crap is too much, but there is good history in those shows to learn from. Sports alot, but no Basketball. You can not make me. I do watch Nascar. Being a racer, I look at it from a different view. I learn from that also. All you have to do is get in any car on an oval and push it to the limit. Not that easy. I will take Road Racing over ovals though.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

wrestle84

Quote from: DrSnide on January 11, 2015, 11:03:06 PM
Wow - that's a great list.  I agree with all of those 100%.

I would probably add NBA basketball which I just can't watch although I do.like.college basketball.

Same here. No NBA.

wrestle84

Quote from: TomM on January 11, 2015, 12:46:55 PM
Call me what ever you want to call me... (Jus don't call me late for supper!), but there are things I have NO interest in watching and will not watch... If it is on TV and I am somehow 'forced' to be in the room I will fall asleep sitting up or do the best day dreaming ever... (or concentrate on a mobile device...)

In no particular order (I am not interested in any of them)
-Golden Globes
-Academy Awards
-Music Awards ... of any kind.
-Soap Operas (day time or night time)
-Animated animal movies... ie: "Frozen" ... my sister in laws turned this on during Christmas get together.  I went home.
-Cooking shows... Any kind.  Not interested.
-Home shopping shows/stations.. QVC etc... not happening.
-'Beauty' contests... ugh...
-Reality shows... Any kind.. I can not take watching snippets of idiocy 'over and over and over and over' before and after EVERY commercial break.
-Humane society commercials... too emotional.. I just send money...
-Grey's Anatomy; watched ONCE and some intern revived a unconscious deer in the back of a pick up truck.  GAME OVER... not another second on watching that show.
-Marcus Welby MD.. could not stand that show... ugh

What can't you watch?

I must admit, I do get sucked into a few of the reality shows.

wrestle84

Quote from: imnofish on January 12, 2015, 01:27:53 AM
All* of the things listed by you guys, plus:

Any of the singing contest shows
Any of the dating/mating shows
Poker tournaments
Bowling
Golf
Tennis
Walking Dead
Payton Manning's Nationwide Insurance commercial  
Hunting shows (the whispering drives me nuts)  >:(

Stuff on the History Channel that is essentially historical fiction.  We aren't descendants of alien astronauts!
British sitcoms
Japanese game shows
Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, etc.
Televangelists
Reruns of "Dialing for Dollars"  ;)

*I'm stuck with the animated films for awhile, since I have 4 young grandchildren.  I've already seen "Frozen" 5 times.   :P  

Agreed

Same here with the animated films, although I have not seen Frozen. ;D

wrestle84

I will watch the end of a NASCAR race if I happen to catch it while channel surfing. I love watching the PBR, although I DVR it and watch it in 1/3 of the time.

Anyone else watching the new sitcom State of Affiars? Katherine Heigl makes it much easier to watch. ;)

bigG

Nick Guy grew up here. I teach with his sister.

I'm good for some PBR viewing, too.

Keep an eye out for Nick Volden. He's an up-and-comer who trains with BJ Schumacher.

Guy-Sparta
Volden-Cashton

State of Affairs, eh? Hafta check dat owt.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Dale Einerson

I won't be watching Rush Limbaugh on TV...no way, no how...

bigG

That "10 things you never knew about America " with Henry Rollins is cool. Not just cuzza Rollins; though that doesn't hurt.

Rush has a TV Show?

I can do Talk Soup when I come across it.

ramjet

Little House on the Prairie-Waltons    💤💤💤💤

A show I do like is "Drugs Inc." the reality of drugs is scary yet a fascinating culture and very sad on many levels.

bigG

Crazy stuff, eh? Every now and then that's on when I'm surfing. It is interesting.

I always get teary, I mean hold-back-sneezy, when I watch Little House

imnofish

Quote from: woody53 on January 13, 2015, 12:43:57 PM
Watch the History and Discovery Channels. Yah, the Alien crap is too much, but there is good history in those shows to learn from. Sports alot, but no Basketball. You can not make me. I do watch Nascar. Being a racer, I look at it from a different view. I learn from that also. All you have to do is get in any car on an oval and push it to the limit. Not that easy. I will take Road Racing over ovals though.

I appreciate the challenges of it.  I have a couple of relatives who do mechanical and body work for a living and those two guys could watch it ALL DAY.  Unfortunately, THAT'S the problem.  Honestly, I couldn't watch anything go in a circle that long! 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Oldtimer

I won't watch things that make me feel bad.  News, dramatic reality shows (I love the competition shows).
Things on my DVR:
Celebrity Apprentice:  winnings go to charities, but I could do without the bodyslamming of others
The Voice:  I love this show and great entertainment
The Biggest Loser:  Very inspirational and helpful in my life
Big Bang Theory:  Oh yeah do I relate
Person of Interest:  I find this entertaining and recognize it's not realistic
CSI:  I find the science interesting and I'm a problem solver by trade
NCAA wrestling on BTN:  Nuff said
America's Got Talent:  Some cool variety entertainment
The Sing Off:  Amazing accapella musicians
Beware of the northern sleeper

imnofish

Quote from: wrestle84 on January 13, 2015, 01:57:50 PM
Quote from: imnofish on January 12, 2015, 01:27:53 AM
All* of the things listed by you guys, plus:

Any of the singing contest shows
Any of the dating/mating shows
Poker tournaments
Bowling
Golf
Tennis
Walking Dead
Payton Manning's Nationwide Insurance commercial  
Hunting shows (the whispering drives me nuts)  >:(

Stuff on the History Channel that is essentially historical fiction.  We aren't descendants of alien astronauts!
British sitcoms
Japanese game shows
Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, etc.
Televangelists
Reruns of "Dialing for Dollars"  ;)

*I'm stuck with the animated films for awhile, since I have 4 young grandchildren.  I've already seen "Frozen" 5 times.   :P  

Agreed

Same here with the animated films, although I have not seen Frozen. ;D
My granddaughters love it.  It's cute, especially for little girls who like the princesses, singing, dancing, etc.  My grandsons would rather watch something like Cars or a superhero flick. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

My daughtoer loved that stuff. My son and I have always enjoyed what we call "animall killin' films", wildlife documentaries. From Wild Kingdom to all the David Attenborough stuff; I've always loved watching critters. Especially when two square off.