What I "won't" be watching on TV... no way, no how...

Started by TomM, January 11, 2015, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Call me what ever you want to call me... (Jus don't call me late for supper!), but there are things I have NO interest in watching and will not watch... If it is on TV and I am somehow 'forced' to be in the room I will fall asleep sitting up or do the best day dreaming ever... (or concentrate on a mobile device...)

In no particular order (I am not interested in any of them)
-Golden Globes
-Academy Awards
-Music Awards ... of any kind.
-Soap Operas (day time or night time)
-Animated animal movies... ie: "Frozen" ... my sister in laws turned this on during Christmas get together.  I went home.
-Cooking shows... Any kind.  Not interested.
-Home shopping shows/stations.. QVC etc... not happening.
-'Beauty' contests... ugh...
-Reality shows... Any kind.. I can not take watching snippets of idiocy 'over and over and over and over' before and after EVERY commercial break.
-Humane society commercials... too emotional.. I just send money...
-Grey's Anatomy; watched ONCE and some intern revived a unconscious deer in the back of a pick up truck.  GAME OVER... not another second on watching that show.
-Marcus Welby MD.. could not stand that show... ugh

What can't you watch?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DrSnide

Wow - that's a great list.  I agree with all of those 100%.

I would probably add NBA basketball which I just can't watch although I do.like.college basketball.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

littleguy301

Great list Tom and also a nice in in DR.

I will agree but I watched days of our lives for 20+ years but now I have kicked that habit ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

NBA is a good add.... I never see it, so it skipped my mind.

What's funny is tonight I went out for dinner in town and the three TV's all had none other than the GOLDEN GLOBE awards on... aargh.. At least there was no sound. Ha...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

All* of the things listed by you guys, plus:

Any of the singing contest shows
Any of the dating/mating shows
Poker tournaments
Bowling
Golf
Tennis
Walking Dead
Payton Manning's Nationwide Insurance commercial  
Hunting shows (the whispering drives me nuts)  >:(
Stuff on the History Channel that is essentially historical fiction.  We aren't descendants of alien astronauts!
British sitcoms
Japanese game shows
Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, etc.
Televangelists
Reruns of "Dialing for Dollars"  ;)

*I'm stuck with the animated films for awhile, since I have 4 young grandchildren.  I've already seen "Frozen" 5 times.   :P  
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Gettin' harder and harder to find Andy Griffith amidst all that TV.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on January 12, 2015, 06:30:06 AM

Still the best, though!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

ramjet

reality shows ?

you mean like the wolf thread on here?

imnofish

littleguy301

Hogans Heros still rock the old boob tube quite a bit!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Street Glide

I've had the Andy Griffith theme song as my ring tone for years.  Never been a better show on TV!

imnofish

I forgot to add NASCAR to my list.  I'd just rather watch people RUN around the track. 

bigG

I know many just love it; but I think I'd rather watch my own car warm up than watch NASCAR.

I just started liking Parks and Rec., now they say its' the last season.

bigG

Aside from football, I sure watch much TV. TV sucks. It's a sad statement that I'd rather chance not catching any fish through some holes in the ice in place of TV.

That leaves me with shows I like. Aside from football, I like: The Best Thing I Ever Ate (food network), Iron Chef (when Masaharu Morimoto is cooking), Andy Griffith, Parks and Rec., even liked The Office back in the day, some Seinfeld, still. Did I mention football?

Thanks the good lord for Sparky!!!

I'll watch Cheese, BI, OTW, etc. for hours. Oh, B1G Network has some good college wrestling. Wish they'd have more.