Conference Realignment

Started by LTD, January 02, 2015, 12:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Seriously?!?!   The state will pay Whitefish Bay several thousand dollars for every kid that open enrolls and Bay says, "No, we're good?"  Open enrollment is killing us up here.  We get money taken away from us for every kid who lives in district and open enrolls somewhere else. 

Ghetto

That's how it works at Bay. In the past they've had kids from MPS open enroll and the kids aren't ready for the academic rigor of Bay. They choose test scores over money in this case. It's never been put that way, but ACT scores are very important to them.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Matski Grappler

Further to my previous posts about coaching and administrative commitment to success...  Grafton has just named Fritz Rauch to be their new football coach.  As most of you know, Fritz is the longtime defensive coordinator at Homestead.  He's a highly respected teacher, a man of deep integrity and an exacting football leader.  It reminds me of when Wisconsin hired Barry Alvarez, who was the defensive coordinator at Notre Dame when they won the national championship and the Badgers were coming off of decades of futility.  Fritz knows what it takes to win and that it goes well beyond sheer enrollment.  In his program, there will be no tolerance for anybody whining about the fact that Grafton is the second smallest school in the conference.  Also, Fritz and Dave Keel understood that a big part of their success was treating the 5-8 grade Cardinal football coaches and players as an extension of their own program.  This will bear watching.