January

Started by CLC FAN, January 01, 2015, 04:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasbeen

I agree with the large gap still between CG & Oost. CG is solid at about 7 weights but still not quite there at too many of the upper weights. It's just nice to see an almost full line-up there.

Funny thing with the CLC this year,I don't think there was a close dual with anyone all year? What was the closest score for anyone? Usually even if 1 vs 2 isn't close then 2 vs 3 would be or at least 4 vs 5. I don't think there was a dual within 20 pts, and I don't expect that to change when Oost comes to CG Thurs night.

CLC FAN

That's an interesting observation!  I think the RL vs. Oo dual would be within 20 most times they wrestled it; it just wasn't on that particular night.  I still see the Conference tournament as a tight one between Oo and RL.  Almost every team will get a champ or two... but which team is more solid throughout?

I also think Random Lake is crazy young.  When they fill their lineup, it's something like 9 sophomores wrestling.  Young wrestlers (even good ones) can be prone to swings in performance.

CLC FAN

So who won between Oostburg and Cedar Grove last night?  Can anybody post full results?

hasbeen

Oost beat CG-B 42-16, Oost wins by Loomans md. Gonwa, Burmesch TF May, Gasbarrow dec. Mueller, Yeadon dec. Krier, Roberts dec. Schoeder, Meyer pin Fiend. CG wins by A. Brockman dec. Lombardi, Isken md. Sauressig, I. Brockman dec. Gasser, Morgan dec. Horswill, Davies dec. Frier. CG gave up ffts at 170 220 and 285. Gjertsen still out with hand injury. Hoping to be back by conference.

CLC FAN

RL beats Oz 65-3  Wrestled wins by Rautmann over Wagner (maj), Depies over Watry (maj), Udovich over Burmesch (dec), Luis over Wagner (maj), Zitchtella over Leider (dec), Vandenbush over Smith (tech), Brouillette over Baldwin (pin) and the match of the night... Huiras over Schuette (dec).   

CLC FAN

RL wins the Deerfield Scramble.  Depies and Mudlaff take 1st, Vandenbush, Brouillette, and Houpt take 2nd, Hiller takes 3rd, Luis and H Huiras take 4th

CG takes 5th.  I Brockman takes 2nd, Morgan takes 3rd, Gonwa takes 4th.