January

Started by CLC FAN, January 01, 2015, 04:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLC FAN

Looks like EL/HG faces Shiocton tomorrow, and the Rocket Scramble is this Saturday. 

CLC FAN

EL/HG vs Shiocton  L  40-13.  Wrestled wins by Ward, Cain, and Bonebrake   

Oostburg at Rocket Scramble.  2nd/18 teams.    Ebeling and Hackl 2nd.  Meyer 3rd.  Loomans 4th.  Burmesch 5th.

Cedar Grove at Rocket Scramble:   13th/18 teams.  I Brockman 1st.  Nobody else in top 5.

Odd note, CG was without Gjertson (who wrestled at Mid-States) and Oo was without Rogers.  Anyone know what's up?

hasbeen

Gjertson was out with hand injury. I don't think too severe. He'll be back next week.

Rogers had a death in the family(uncle I think). Coach Steve Rogers was there for about the first round before he left too. Sometimes we forget life just keeps on rolling even during wrestling season...sorry for their loss.

hasbeen

As far as the tournament goes there were 45+ ranked or HM wrestlers. A number of quality wrestlers took 3 losses on the day.  That's what you get with a scramble though. Sometimes you're better off losing one of those opening rounds to get in the right pool.

ELG

ELG/HG hosted Oostburg tonight and lost 54-15.  The Resorters gave up 30 points in forfeits.  Oostburg won 5 of 9 matches wrestled.  Winning for Oostburg was  (220#)Hackl with a pin over Navis, Loomas over Ward 6-0 (120#), Burmesch pinned Cain (138#), Frier over Shaw (145#) 3-0, Yeadon with a pin over Troy Rebedew (160#).  Winning for ELG/HG was Perko tech fall over Gasser (126#), Trent Rebedew over Horswill 5-4 (132#), Trevor Rebedew (152#) over Gassbaro 16-2, and Miller over Meyer 7-0 (195#). 

Bonebrake did not wrestle for ELG/HG.  Thinking that he may have caught the flu that has been going around????  Did not hear what the exact story is.

hasbeen

Cedar Grove over EL/HG 47-26, CG wins - Gonwa md. Ward, I. Brockman dec. Trent Rebedew, Davies pin Shaw, Mueller md. VanOss. EL/HG wins - Bonebrake pin Morgan, Trevor Rebedew TF. May, Troy Rebedew dec. Krier

CLC FAN

RL beats Laconia 40 - 33.  Also take 1st at Campbellsport duals, beating Waukesha South, Fond du Lac, Slinger, Campbellsport, and Winneconne.

Oostburg takes first at Mishicot duals, beating Laconia 42-33, and beating Mishicot, Martin Luther, Florence, and Sheboygan North.

Gutwrench

Sheboygan North used to be a pretty strong wrestling force in the area.  Seems like they haven't been at that level for a few years now, other than a few individuals here and there.

Not trying to dump.....just making an observation.

hasbeen

Yes they were probably the best team in the county for a period during the 80's early 90's. Had a few great duals between them and Random Lake during that time. One even ended in a tie in 1990. There was no criteria to decide duals back then. Just ended. Like kissing your sister. And there was a tie in the dual at 135lbs but there was no overtime for dual matches then either. Just ended. Like kissing your sister.

CLC FAN

That's an uncomfortable amount of sister kissing.

Tonight Random Lake beat Elkhart Lake/Howards Grove  51-24.  Some good matches.  Mudlaff by 1 over Bonebrake.  Miller 6-2 over H. Huiras.   Does anyone else in the conference wrestle this week?  I know RL, EL/HG, and Oo are all at the Sheboygan North Invite this weekend.  Cedar Grove I think is off.

hasbeen

CG is at Oz tonight

hasbeen

CG over Oz 50 - 21, Watry Oz fall Isken, Gonwa CG md. Burmesch, Zichitella Oz dec. Davies, Smith Oz fall Mueller, Krier CG md. Baldwin 

CLC FAN

Tide turning in the last year of the CLC.  I believe that's CG's first dual meet win over Oz since the 1999-2000 season.  Unless I'm wrong, the standings would be

RL  3-0
CG  2-1
Oo  2-1
EL/HG 1-3
Oz  0-3

Oostburg travels to Cedar Grove next Thursday and Ozaukee travels to Random Lake on Friday.  The Oo vs CG dual is big as the winner still has a shot at sharing a conference title.  For those who don't know, a team earns 2 pts for every regular season dual victory and 2 pts for every team they surpass in the CLC tournament.  So a "clean sweep" by a team is earning 16 pts - beat everyone at the tournament and in the dual.  Either CG or Oo will go into the conference tournament with 6 points to Random Lake's 6 or 8.  The loser will only bring 4 pts.  So the co-champs or tri-champs scenario would be if RL wins it's dual against Oz but then takes 2nd or 3rd at the conference tournament.  Last co-champs scenario was I believe in 2008. 

Ghetto

Quote from: CLC FAN on January 20, 2015, 09:42:43 PM
That's an uncomfortable amount of sister kissing.

Hahahahahahahaha. You funny CLC.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Gutwrench

CG certainly seems improved, but I think there is still a big gap between them and RL - Oo.  Should be an interesting match vs. Oo though.