Oshkosh on the Water

Started by Flatbottom, December 25, 2014, 07:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

My understanding is that to go paperless and use the dashboard, you need a few things.

1) Most important- reliable fast Wi-Fi
2) Laptops at every table with workers that have been trained on their use
3) All clocks purchased from trackwrestling so they sync with the software on the laptops

Can be a big jump in cost of technology as well as trained workers.  Next step will be to have cameras at every mat synced with clocks and lap top to web stream all matches like at Midlands.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

MarkK

I will say the announcer did a fantastic job.   I was able to know the matches I wanted to watch when I was listening for them.   I just didn't know what to look for or listen for because I was behind on the track site.  But their workers were excellent.  I loved the enthusiasm I saw in the young girl that was doing running.    Some good matches.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

iceshack

Big thanks to the Oshkosh on the Water organizers!  This is always a first class tournament that caters to the wrestlers and fan experience.

Lombardi

Super tournament with 64 teams and some great wrestling! Top 5 wrestlers in each weight will be in the hunt for individual State Championships. Congratulations to Coleman on their 6th straight team championship. Putting 5 wrestlers into the championship match and having 3 champs was quite impressive for a school with an enrollment of just over 200! I'm not sure but they most likely have the lowest enrollment #'s of all schools in the OTW tournament.

matdad

I don't understand why the Post Crescent has zero coverage of the teams from their delivery area for this tournament. There were many wrestlers vying for podium positions from teams in their area and nothing to report??? This is the largest, in state, tournament over this two day period; how could they overlook it? I guarantee the cheesehead will see multiple articles, but why isn't OTW just as deserving?

aarons23

Quote from: boowrestle on January 01, 2015, 09:01:26 PM
JMO,i will take  the top 5 from bi state,head to head against top 5 from oshkosh at most of the wt classes,

I'm not sure what your opinion on the top five has to to do with him wondering why OTW doesn't get more media attention in that area.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

padre

JMO,i will take  the top 5 from bi state,head to head against top 5 from oshkosh at most of the wt classes,

Luckily you are never biased :o

Really no reason for the post except to discredit.

Street Glide

Quote from: padre on January 01, 2015, 11:41:32 PM

+1     

maggie

there both major tournaments in our state as well at the badger and the northern badger, were luck to have such tough, well run tournaments .
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

kmoc33

Quote from: padre on January 01, 2015, 11:41:32 PM

+1
I agree. This reminds me of Talladega nights, when Farell says but I said no disrespect, after you say that you can say whatever you want.

bigG

Or how passive aggressive southern women can rip someone to shreds; but make it aaalllll okay by saying "bless her heart."

Every year there's a little difference in competition as teams move around. I don't know about this year; but I'm sure many years OTW has better wrestlers than Bi, Midstates, etc. At times Bi State has had unreal talent (I remember when Bloomington-Kennedy was highly ranked nationally. Marcus Levesseur :o). When L-C was peaking, they were OTW. Depends on the year.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DocWrestling

Depends on the weight class also at each tourney.  Many great outstanding wrestlers have never stood at the top of the podium at these holiday tournies.  Have to have the right kind of 2-days of wrestling and stay injury free as well as sickness free!
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

maggie

I;m wondering how this yrs flu affected the kids in all these winter tournaments, it's the worse i seen in the last 25 yrs...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

handsandtoes

My son has been the sickest I have ever seen him this year and he's had it for over a month. He was on antibiotics 3 different times. He still is maybe 75% at best. Now my wife and I both got it about a week ago and I have never felt this bad in my life. I must have told him 1000 time "you got to be the toughest kid I know" we are almost hospital bound and he has not missed a practice. Wow to be young again. I think there will be some surprises come tournament time.

ramjet

Quote from: handsandtoes on January 03, 2015, 09:26:21 AM
My son has been the sickest I have ever seen him this year and he's had it for over a month. He was on antibiotics 3 different times. He still is maybe 75% at best. Now my wife and I both got it about a week ago and I have never felt this bad in my life. I must have told him 1000 time "you got to be the toughest kid I know" we are almost hospital bound and he has not missed a practice. Wow to be young again. I think there will be some surprises come tournament time.

Yea not good,  physically they are tore down some then exposure to the bug makes the wrestlers vulnerable to illness this time of year. OTW has always had to deal with flu then you get the bug spread during that tournament. Take care and get the rest and fluids. Both very very important.