Oshkosh on the Water

Started by Flatbottom, December 25, 2014, 07:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of Nowhere

Sure are some loaded brackets (I'm looking at you 106 and 126) and lots of good wrestlers.  I agree that it does seem like they moved a lot of seeds around which I think is for the better in a lot of cases.  Lots of wisconsin lutheran kids that had terrible seeds thanks to not being at the tournament last year...but also some head scratching seeds such as 152 where the #1 seed has lost to the #2 seed and is still above him.  I for one can't wait until Monday to see what happens on the mat.

ramjet

Quote from: padre on December 26, 2014, 06:21:57 PM
Quote from: ramjet on December 26, 2014, 01:37:35 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on December 26, 2014, 01:23:35 PM
Coaches called in before noon today.

Not sure if they'll change or not.

Placing at OTW is the highest criteria I think. If you haven't, you really have to work to get to the top.

Yea it has to be a really good argument to over ride the criteria.

I see W-B could make some noise here in the team standings.

Some odd decisions on bypassing at some of the lower weights....113 makes no sense in many ways in the seeding.

Hoping for a good couple days. ;D

I know I will take some heat for saying this but it has been my expereince smaller unknown schools get screwed at this tournament when it comes to seeding irregardless of the wrestlers record. I guess they have thier reasons for seeding but do not be fooled it is not all criteria. Then again to be the best, you have to beat the best and a challenge always is why most young men wrestle....

Hope you're guys have a great couple of days as well. 🏆

Vinsanity 4

Where did the number 2 beat number 1 @ 152? I believe number 1 injury defaulted so I guess you could say he beat him? Either way those two seeds are very talented wrestlers and the match is a toss up. Would make for a very exciting final on Tuesday😊

Out of Nowhere

Quote from: Vinsanity 4 on December 26, 2014, 08:11:24 PM
Where did the number 2 beat number 1 @ 152? I believe number 1 injury defaulted so I guess you could say he beat him? Either way those two seeds are very talented wrestlers and the match is a toss up. Would make for a very exciting final on Tuesday😊

Cedarburg duals.  I also happen to know the score was in favor of the #2 before the injury default but meh.  In the end the seeds don't mean anything as they have to all go out and wrestle the matches.  I'm just glad that Fritz is good to go.  It looked like it could have been a much worse injury when it happened.

DarkKnight

I see Cedarburg is in the lead... wonder how long they can hold on to the top spot. Coleman will have about 8 placewinners... I see Cedarburg will get about 8 or 9 also.

wrestling135

Does anyone know why track is moving so slow? Stuck at work all day and a guy can't even get some results!  Sheesh!!

HMsDad

Quote from: wrestling135 on December 29, 2014, 05:41:58 PM
Does anyone know why track is moving so slow? Stuck at work all day and a guy can't even get some results!  Sheesh!!

Good question. I have my son down there texting watching his buddies me how kids are doing. track is way behind. Might be on the tourney end though and not Track.

crossface21

In years past we've found that it's always on the tourney's end. It's not trackwrestling.

ramjet

I do not understand why they do not have the dashboard?

Ghetto

Quote from: ramjet on December 29, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

They are using paper bout sheets and not laptops
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

Quote from: Ghetto on December 29, 2014, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: ramjet on December 29, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

They are using paper bout sheets and not laptops

Exactly....... :o

aarons23

Anyone know what happened to Max Fisher?
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Ghetto

Pretty sure his elbow is dislocated. But thats my from across the gym no knowledge at all viewpoint.

I hope he's OK. He left with his arm in some sort of air cast.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MarkK

First time at this tournament.  Very nice.  Pretty big.  Lots of wrestling.   It would be nice to see them use dashboard on track and to cast the upcoming mats on the wall to track the wrestlers you want to see.   
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

matdad

Excellent run tournament! As well as the announcements were made, I personally don't think that the large screens are necessary. We were at a tournament last weekend where they struggled to use track and/or verbal announcements in a way that would help anyone keep up with where there own wrestler was at.

Krattiger, that youngster is a very, very good wrestler in an upper-classman dominated weight class! Bravo to him!