Oshkosh on the Water

Started by Flatbottom, December 25, 2014, 07:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

I am sure some the fee goes to UWO for the facility use think about the costs bathroom supplies cleaning people heat etc.. $25.00 for both days does not seem that outrageous to me considering that many of the folks commute to the event.

Look at this way; all day wrestling for two days about $1.50/hour cheap entertainment for an adult.

Break it down by per match ........... not so bad......

Went to the movies on Christmas Eve day 4 adults by the time I got done the cost was over $65.00 for three hours.........🎄🎅

DarkKnight

Good Points Ram Jet... it isn't too too bad. Though I wont be there but I'm the money is put to good use

wrestling135

126 will be fun to watch....that bracket seems to be stacked!!!!

wrestle

Tepera Wright # 10 seed ??? I know how the seeding is set up but WOW.  I think he deserves higher than 10!!!

DarkKnight

That is pretty crazy.. if the seedings hold up Wright would knock off #7 Siolka (state runner up) in the Round of 16 and face #2 seed Acosta in the quarterfinals... which would be 2 probable state champs going at it. Cal Hansen came from 113 so I'm not sure if he will beat Acosta or Wright ...Hansen doesn't have as hard as a road as Wright and Acosta.

Are the seedings subject to change?

DocWrestling

Coaches used to call in at designated time and can make request for change in seeds.  Not sure if it is still like that
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

aarons23

Quote from: DarkKnight on December 26, 2014, 12:32:45 PM
That is pretty crazy.. if the seedings hold up Wright would knock off #7 Siolka (state runner up) in the Round of 16 and face #2 seed Acosta in the quarterfinals... which would be 2 probable state champs going at it. Cal Hansen came from 113 so I'm not sure if he will beat Acosta or Wright ...Hansen doesn't have as hard as a road as Wright and Acosta.

Are the seedings subject to change?

These are pre seeds based on computer qualifications which is how they placed last year at OTW, State and record.  Once all the coaches call in the seeds will change.  Acosta may be first with Tempra and Hanson two or three. Siolka, Langer and Hickey should follow.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

statman

I hope things can still change otherwise this is bad for preble. The coach didnt enter any information for more than half his team.
they don't call me statman for nothin

Ghetto

Coaches called in before noon today.

Not sure if they'll change or not.

Placing at OTW is the highest criteria I think. If you haven't, you really have to work to get to the top.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

Quote from: Ghetto on December 26, 2014, 01:23:35 PM

Placing at OTW is the highest criteria I think. If you haven't, you really have to work to get to the top.

Yea it has to be a really good argument to over ride the criteria.

I see W-B could make some noise here in the team standings.

WBBs Bro

126#   Acosta #1   Hansen #2  Wright #3   Langer #4

DarkKnight

Quote from: WBBs Bro on December 26, 2014, 02:37:58 PM
126#   Acosta #1   Hansen #2  Wright #3   Langer #4

Good deal.. Now Acosta and Wright can meet in the finals instead, if they can get past Hansen, Langer, and whoever else might give them a good shot.

padre

It seemed they got away from the highest criteria a lot this year.  Quite a few instances people were jumped that I don't think really should have if going by criteria.  Generally works itself out in the end.

padre

Quote from: ramjet on December 26, 2014, 01:37:35 PM

Yea it has to be a really good argument to over ride the criteria.

I see W-B could make some noise here in the team standings.

Some odd decisions on bypassing at some of the lower weights....113 makes no sense in many ways in the seeding.

Hoping for a good couple days. ;D

boowrestle

Ehster 106/mcmillen 113 my picks
you can run but you cannot hide.