maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

see HandlesII you might have some credibility in your argument if you would have left out the term wolf haters that term is used over and over and over by extreme groups that want it thier way and thier way on,y the carrying capacity is determined by the science I gave you the complete scientific methodology but you refuse to recognize it because you only beleive that the liberal extreme organizations that want to stop all hunting. You on this topic like others refuse to see the big picture.

The scientific data for carrying capacity is there again if you do not or cannot understand it PM me and I will simplify it for you.

Wolf Haters lol you are so easily mislead.

Funny you mention "trophy Hunters" you fall under that category based on posts you make about deer hunting so any laws pertaining to deer are bogus and should be overturned by some political advocate caller herself  judge?

bigG

Fact is the WI wolf conservation plan did not include hunting and trapping. That plan was initiated in 1999 and added to since then. In no addendum I've seen was there the hunting/trapping part. Mind you, it's a long doc; but, if our state went outside it's own plan, we have this coming.

I don't think you have to worry about your regular hunting routine, Ram.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on December 29, 2014, 07:38:40 AM
Fact is the WI wolf conservation plan did not include hunting and trapping. That plan was initiated in 1999 and added to since then. In no addendum I've seen was there the hunting/trapping part. Mind you, it's a long doc; but, if our state went outside it's own plan, we have this coming.

First off few wolves are actually hunted so to speak most were taken by trapping they are pretty consistent in thier routines once they establish thier tuning areas and pack pecking order I beleive that use snares to catch them. Like I said most of the ones I know folks got they had rugs made for thier themselves or full mounts.

Good plan to help control numbers so the rest of the pack can thrive is good plan.
it's not like they are going to spay and neuter them for crying out loud.

littleguy301

Quote from: Handles II on December 27, 2014, 10:46:22 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on December 25, 2014, 07:33:24 PM
Quote from: Goat Roper on December 24, 2014, 08:03:25 PM
There are plenty of videos on youtube that show wolves taking very healthy bucks.  There are also plenty of game camera videos with wolves taking fawns into dens.  Get rid of the idea they take sick animals.  Liberal thought.

a few years ago some locals around the Park Falls area set up a video camera by a wolfs den and in less than 6 months the count of deer and fawns getting dragged into the den was at 37.

Not sure if Hound is still on but I think he would know more about this.

I believe the wolf needs to know they have some enemies. While I have only seen a couple of wolfs in person I know quite a few that have seen those wolves up close and those wolfs appeared to be pretty comfortable in that area.
LG, not sure if you are confusing a similar argument on the forum from a couple years ago with this one or not, but I posted on here that the neighboring farm from where I hunt put a camera on a coyote den and if I remember correctly, 24 fawn were brought into that den in 6 weeks. I believe it was an argument from some on here saying wolves kill more deer than do other predators, and thus a reason to wolf hunt. That was proven to be false rhetoric as biological evidence shows coyotes, bobcats, and bear kill far more deer than do our resident wolves. There may also be a park falls wolf video, however I don't recall one being discussed on here.
Goat is partially right, wolves (and all other predators) will kill what they can catch. Sometimes that's a perfectly healthy animal that they can out run, out smart, or catch by the element of surprise. Videos of bear, coyotes and cats (cougar, lynx, bobcat) all killing healthy appearing deer are out there too. 

No, I have different information about that situations than you provided. Had at the time family that lived in that area and that was the talk for quite a while about that video. In that area they were having some serious problems with the wolves with deer kill and wolves just plainly being in public and pretty comfortable being in public. Fast forward 2-3 years and not sure if this is still a problem or not because my family members have moved so they dont have the information about this and I was hoping someone like Hound may have some information about this since Hound and my Bro-In-Law worked together.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

wolf packs take care of themselves when it comes to numbers!....that simple
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on December 29, 2014, 10:50:29 AM
wolf packs take care of themselves when it comes to numbers!....that simple

LOL

wow you are really ill informed but we all know that.........🙈🙉🙊

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on December 29, 2014, 09:07:34 AM

First off few wolves are actually hunted so to speak most were taken by trapping they are pretty consistent in thier routines once they establish thier tuning areas and pack pecking order I beleive that use snares to catch them. Like I said most of the ones I know folks got they had rugs made for thier themselves or full mounts.

Good plan to help control numbers so the rest of the pack can thrive is good plan.

Love the idea. Never made part of the conservation plan. Maybe some folks were frustrated they couldn't get included in the plan and either rammed or snuck the bill through. It was piggyback to the Family Care plan.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on December 29, 2014, 11:31:55 AM

Love the idea. Never made part of the conservation plan. Maybe some folks were frustrated they couldn't get included in the plan and either rammed or snuck the bill through. It was piggyback to the Family Care plan.

So maybe we should let the DNR biologists lay out the plan if it included hunting do you think people like HandlesII and others from that ilk would accept it?

imnofish

Birth control initiative?   ??? 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Quote from: imnofish on December 29, 2014, 11:48:02 AM

Birth control initiative?   ??? 

don't laugh many of these organization think this is viable.......

ramjet

I think they should release huge numbers of wolves in the city parks and on HandlesII hunting land then 5 years ask what they think about wolves management plans.

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on December 29, 2014, 11:45:32 AM

So maybe we should let the DNR biologists lay out the plan if it included hunting do you think people like HandlesII and others from that ilk would accept it?

Sure, if the movement had some science to back it. Not the hand picked head of the DNR getting strong armed to make it happen.

Show the science, change the plan, and enjoy the hunt/trap. I fail to see where any biologists were involved in the bill that passed for hunting and trapping; just like the hunt/trap provision is absent from the conservation plan. Have some people with knowledge/stake in the critters make those calls. Amend the plan, then talk about hunting/trapping.

Maybe if they released huge numbers of inner city crack dealers in Wabeno, you'd see birth control differently.  ;)

It sounds to me, back in 2012 when this thing got wheels, there sure wasn't consensus among DNR folks.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/newshound/2012/04/wisconsin-wolf-hunting-bill-signed-season-begin-mid-october

Apparently not enough consensus to change the conservation plan. There is plenty of time to make an addendum, and to pass muster with the experts.

In this article, Dick Thiel totally called this.

http://host.madison.com/news/local/environment/wolf-hunting-bill-goes-too-far-scientists-tell-lawmakers/article_40235420-4d2a-11e1-8618-0019bb2963f4.html

"As it is written now, you run the risk of seriously offending many citizens who have supported wolf recovery for 35 years," Thiel said. "And that will invite litigation that will lock up progress on wolf management."

Not surprising the groups that backed the bill. Sure doesn't sound like it was left in the hands of the biologists, though. Don't hire a politician to do a biologist's job.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on December 29, 2014, 01:22:57 PM
Quote from: ramjet on December 29, 2014, 11:45:32 AM

Sure, if the movement had some science to back it. Not the hand picked head of the DNR getting strong armed to make it happen.

Show the science, change the plan, and enjoy the hunt/trap. I fail to see where any biologists were involved in the bill that passed for hunting and trapping; just like the hunt/trap provision is absent from the conservation plan. Have some people with knowledge/stake in the critters make those calls. Amend the plan, then talk about hunting/trapping.

Maybe if they released huge numbers of inner city crack dealers in Wabeno, you'd see birth control differently.  ;)

It sounds to me, back in 2012 when this thing got wheels, there sure wasn't consensus among DNR folks.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/newshound/2012/04/wisconsin-wolf-hunting-bill-signed-season-begin-mid-october

Apparently not enough consensus to change the conservation plan. There is plenty of time to make an addendum, and to pass muster with the experts.

In this article, Dick Thiel totally called this.

http://host.madison.com/news/local/environment/wolf-hunting-bill-goes-too-far-scientists-tell-lawmakers/article_40235420-4d2a-11e1-8618-0019bb2963f4.html

"As it is written now, you run the risk of seriously offending many citizens who have supported wolf recovery for 35 years," Thiel said. "And that will invite litigation that will lock up progress on wolf management."

Not surprising the groups that backed the bill. Sure doesn't sound like it was left in the hands of the biologists, though. Don't hire a politician to do a biologist's job.

Wabeno already has wolves.

so based on thus response you're position is "not in my area"  funny ...... but typical.