Federal Court-wolf hunting ends now

Started by maggie, December 19, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Quote from: maggie on March 03, 2015, 04:00:38 PM
sorry rammy, ill stick to Wis popcorn!...you can have that Florida stuff.... ;).........http://search.tb.ask.com/search/redirect.jhtml?action=pick&ct=GD&qs=&searchfor=valley+popcorn&cb=ZX&p2=%5EZX%5Exdm427%5ES11870%5Eus&qid=b08661ba8d3a4731bb9cec54352cc4ca&n=780d0d57&ptb=5AD20935-9831-4619-AA37-96A9A7E70A0A&si=CMyt-_r2w8ICFREdaQodfJkACw&pg=GGmain&pn=1&ss=sub&st=tab&tpr=tabsbsug&redirect=mPWsrdz9heamc8iHEhldEVf9UIAFwqNF1yQnZlI%2B%2FNvjEEmyFtSyE3IKzeuEJOCd&ord=0&

As usual you are clueless man you gotta be sick and tired of looking so absolutely clueless about every topic you post about.

"THIS POPCORN IS NATURALLY GROWN IN AMERICA'S HEARTLAND AND IS NOT GENETICALLY MODIFIED (NON-GMO)."

Key word heartland ................yikes maggie got toasted AGAIN.

imnofish

Toasted?  Mmmmmmmm......     popcorn!  That big, fluffy stuff looked awesome, too, Ram.  Do they have it in the white variety?

Either of you popcorn aficionados ever try this stuff?  Natural, unique, and white.  Looks interesting.   

https://www.blackjewell.com/natural-grain-popcorn/
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I got some that are these tiny black kernels; but, man, the popcorn is the best. I bought it at a farmer's market. Gotta look for that guy again.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

well, if Ya call Fla america's heartland, you are correct... ;) i didn't know Fla was considered Americans heartland... :o......like i said, i prefer to get my Popcorn Local...in state stuff...+4 MAGGIE....clueless?...look again..Just Poppin Popcorn
116 Corporation Way Unit C
Venice, FL 34285 - View Map
Phone: (941) 234-4773
Email: buck@justpoppin.com
Web: www.JustPoppin.com

:)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

maggie

and beside that, you told us you didn't like that fundraising food because it tasted like crap...and to think these people from Fla specialize in fundraising events with there popcorn all around the country...oh my  :o..........
Many Schools/Churches/Organizations etc conduct fund raising by giving out a Promo Code. When you make a purchase at JustPoppin.com using the Promo Code, you will not see any information during Checkout. If you are unsure as to whether the Promo Code has been applied, just click on View Cart. If the Promo Code is activated for your cart, you will see the information regarding the Promo at the bottom of the View Cart-...... :o

ramjet

Yes in fact I heard most of the money they raise goes to Promote wolf hunting and trapping so I purchased $1500.00 worth........I am going give it away at for free at Himane Society and democratic fund raisers.

littleguy301

Had some awesome popcorn last night at the movie theater. Man with the large with butter, made an awesome movie even better!!!!

I also donated to some cause for some  popcorn, seems like the right thing to do but some might think that would be fascias ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

ramjet

About Us > Popcorn Poppin' Month > Fun Popcorn Facts
Fun Popcorn Facts
PopcornCorny Facts

Americans consume some 16 billion quarts of this whole grain, good-for-you treat. That's 51 quarts per man, woman, and child.
Compared to most snack foods, popcorn is low in calories. Air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup. Oil-popped is only 55 per cup.
Popcorn is a type of maize (or corn), a member of the grass family, and is scientifically known as Zea mays everta.
Of the 6 types of maize/corn—pod, sweet, flour, dent, flint, and popcorn—only popcorn pops.
Popcorn is a whole grain. It is made up of three components: the germ, endosperm, and pericarp (also know as the hull).
Popcorn needs between 13.5-14% moisture to pop.
Popcorn differs from other types of maize/corn in that is has a thicker pericarp/hull. The hull allows pressure from the heated water to build and eventually bursts open. The inside starch becomes gelatinous while being heated; when the hull bursts, the gelatinized starch spills out and cools, giving it its familiar popcorn shape.
Most U.S. popcorn is grown in the Midwest, primarily in Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri.
Many people believe the acres of corn they see in the Midwest during growing season could be picked and eaten for dinner, or dried and popped. In fact, those acres are typically field corn, which is used largely for livestock feed, and differs from both sweet corn and popcorn.
The peak period for popcorn sales for home consumption is in the fall.
Most popcorn comes in two basic shapes when it's popped: snowflake and mushroom. Snowflake is used in movie theaters and ballparks because it looks and pops bigger. Mushroom is used for candy confections because it doesn't crumble.
Popping popcorn is one of the number one uses for microwave ovens. Most microwave ovens have a "popcorn" control button.
"Popability" is popcorn lingo that refers to the percentage of kernels that pop.
There is no such thing as "hull-less" popcorn. All popcorn needs a hull in order to pop. Some varieties of popcorn have been bred so the hull shatters upon popping, making it appear to be hull-less.
How high popcorn kernels can pop? Up to 3 feet in the air.
The world's largest popcorn ball was created by volunteers in Sac City, Iowa in February, 2009.  It weighed 5,000 lbs., stood over 8 ft. tall, and measured 28.8 ft. in circumference.
If you made a trail of popcorn from New York City to Los Angeles, you would need more than 352,028,160 popped kernels!

imnofish

Orville Redenbacher still lives!!!!   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

yes, most popcorn is grown in the mid-west, but not the one you call the best... ;)....read again bud........ 116 Corporation Way Unit C
Venice, FL 34285 - View Map
Phone: (941) 234-4773
Email: buck@justpoppin.com
Web: www.JustPoppin.com.................+5 MAGGIE   ;)

bigG

Who knows where it's grown.

In Spanish, one of the many words for popcorn is "palomitas" or little doves. I like that. I like eating that, even more.

maggie

G, i believe your on to something here.... Popcorn was first domesticated in Mexico 9,000 years ago from a wild grass.  ;)

bigG

If you'll notice that some ancient dishes (ceviches) actually use popcorn, and what we call "corn nuts", in the dish. Not many dishes use popcorn. You need it to cut through the acidity of the ceviche.

TomM

Had a distant older relative who enjoyed eating popcorn (normal popping method w/oil etc.) as we normally eat boxed cereal.  In a bowl with milk and sugar.  I could not do it then (grade school age)... not sure I could do it now.  Anyone enjoy this method of popcorn consumption?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"