Federal Court-wolf hunting ends now

Started by maggie, December 19, 2014, 07:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Quote from: imnofish on December 24, 2014, 09:14:34 PM
What does it matter if he was a liberal or conservative judge?  If you disagree with his decision, that's fine.  Just state your position and supportive reasons.  Throwing labels around just puts the whole discussion back into that all-too-familiar political realm, which clouds the issue and sets up boundaries to calm, reasoned discourse.  Sure, we know there was not a bounty on wolves, but there are ways of addressing that misperception without giving someone a tongue lashing.  Again, if we want to be treated courteously and have our ideas respectfully considered, the best course of action is to treat others that way.  Tactful presentation of alternative viewpoints, rather than personally attacking the ideas and actions of others, would be a good step in the right direction.  FYI, I am not your enemy, even if you perceive me as such.  Anyway...

It's Christmas Eve.  Peace on Earth; Good will to all men!  Time to chill out and enjoy your family time.  Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Fish

The label is precisely the point he used his political influence to make a decision that is contrary to good conservation practices. As much as you try and be coy about the fact fact it is most certainly a political decision and political topic. The label fits this judge and the track record proves it. Sorry it not all unicorns and rainbows but revisit ally the topic is a controversial one and politically charged.

maggie

FACT REMAINS, no more wolf hunting... ;)...that's the only true fact here... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

imnofish

True, Maggie.  Do you see this as a political issue, an environmental one, or both?  Do you think we can discuss the environmental aspects without getting political?

Merry Christmas!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Sadly this whole topic is a political hot bed. Both sides flexing muscles while exposing their weaknesses in the process. The liberal judge is just reacting to a con DNR.

In the end we can't hunt wolves. Not the end of the world. I don't think we have enough of them for them to be a real threat to much.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Quote from: Goat Roper on December 24, 2014, 08:03:25 PM
There are plenty of videos on youtube that show wolves taking very healthy bucks.  There are also plenty of game camera videos with wolves taking fawns into dens.  Get rid of the idea they take sick animals.  Liberal thought.

a few years ago some locals around the Park Falls area set up a video camera by a wolfs den and in less than 6 months the count of deer and fawns getting dragged into the den was at 37.

Not sure if Hound is still on but I think he would know more about this.

I believe the wolf needs to know they have some enemies. While I have only seen a couple of wolfs in person I know quite a few that have seen those wolves up close and those wolfs appeared to be pretty comfortable in that area.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

Merry X-Mas Littleguy, I don't doubt that a bit., 37 seems like a lot, I'm looking for that footage while enjoying the family...lol...but no, I don't want to turn this into a political thing, not at all...bottom line is, there is not one thing today that doesn't turn political, that includes our great sport of wrestling...sadly..

ramjet

Precedence guys this the issue here.

Wolves now deer hunting later. The group who brought this action is a anti hunting group period.

They also stopped much of the logging here in the NE until the mortiorium was lifted and working folks could get back to work.

You are right if it was only wolf hunting most would not clamor but it includes way more........bear hunting is also on the list as is coyote hunting using the premise that one would accidentally shoot a wolf.

Again a judge and a Poltical group used the courts to overrule the sound practice and plan for co trolling wolf numbers in this state and many others. This group wants ALL hunting stopped.

imnofish

I fully support the tradition of regulated hunting, as a wildlife management tool.  Anti-hunting folks don't realize that they are NOT doing wild animals a favor.   
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

imnofish

Quote from: Goat Roper on December 24, 2014, 08:03:25 PM
There are plenty of videos on youtube that show wolves taking very healthy bucks.  There are also plenty of game camera videos with wolves taking fawns into dens.  Get rid of the idea they take sick animals.  Liberal thought.

Not saying that wolves never take healthy deer, but it is a scientific fact that they will cull out the majority of the weakest ones, because they are an easy meal.  Nothing liberal or conservative about that thought.  I should acknowledge that fawns include those less able to escape predation, so they are taken by coyotes, bears, and wolves. 

maggie

I'm unaware of this anti hunting group who brought all this up...can you show anything up to back your claim that mentions them in the court documents?

ramjet

Suit was filed by the Coilition of Humane Society.

The Human Society is a vehement anti hunting group.

You know how to use google don't you maggie ?

Inside many of these groups there is hope that the wolves will actually control the deer heard completely so that hunting can be stopped completely. Crazy way of thinking but little research and the use of Google search engine will take you directly to that way of thinking.

Again if you google Law Suit to stop wolf hunting you will get a large amount of information. the suits are filed on a regular basis for all sorts of hunting they went as far to say those who use hounds to hunt wolves are using the dogs as bait. That was hilarious but some folks buy inot that way of thinking.
The tactic is used by these extremists if they file enough court actions they eventually will come across a judge who has the same point of view as them and will rule in thier favor that's what this judge did went completely away from common sense and the law so eventually it will be overturned and the States will once again have the right to manage the natural resources within thier boundaries.

maggie

yes, i know how they use Google, obviously you do not, otherwise ya would have posted something up here showing your proof instead of just saying so...i'll wait to see it...PS. not all people that are backing a no wolf hunt are anti hunting..

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on December 25, 2014, 09:10:17 PM

Wolves now deer hunting later. The group who brought this action is a anti hunting group period.

They also stopped much of the logging here in the NE until the mortiorium was lifted and working folks could get back to work.

You are right if it was only wolf hunting most would not clamor but it includes way more........bear hunting is also on the list as is coyote hunting using the premise that one would accidentally shoot a wolf.

Again a judge and a Poltical group used the courts to overrule the sound practice and plan for co trolling wolf numbers in this state and many others. This group wants ALL hunting stopped.

So, I'm cool with throwing those folks their proverbial, and punny,  "bone." Just another cog to the balancing structure between two parties who have taken up appear control of our wilds.

One side would have us kill anything and everything, the other would have is kill nothing. Scary such a dumb animal has amassed so much power.

Still, there are people behind the politics to hopefully balance the foolishness out.

"They're gonna take all our guns"= "They're gonna kill all of the insert critter here."

Lots of hyperbole with some truth to the paranoia; but still no reason to get paranoid, IMHO.

But please, don't act like this is some one-sided political move; when it takes two to Tango, here. The head of the DNR has been politically hand-picked, too.

United Sportsmen of WI is every bit as political as Sierra Club. I'm not comfortable with either gaining political power. The fact both have that power is a testament to our ignorance.

We're the smartest animal and the dumbest animal at times.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on December 26, 2014, 11:22:49 AM
Quote from: ramjet on December 25, 2014, 09:10:17 PM

So, I'm cool with throwing those folks their proverbial, and punny,  "bone." Just another cog to the balancing structure between two parties who have taken up appear control of our wilds.

One side would have us kill anything and everything, the other would have is kill nothing. Scary such a dumb animal has amassed so much power.

Still, there are people behind the politics to hopefully balance the foolishness out.

"They're gonna take all our guns"= "They're gonna kill all of the insert critter here."

Lots of hyperbole with some truth to the paranoia; but still no reason to get paranoid, IMHO.

But please, don't act like this is some one-sided political move; when it takes two to Tango, here. The head of the DNR has been politically hand-picked, too.

United Sportsmen of WI is every bit as political as Sierra Club. I'm not comfortable with either gaining political power. The fact both have that power is a testament to our ignorance.

We're the smartest animal and the dumbest animal at times.

So G a good conservation plan to control wolf numbers is political because Walker is office (3rd win)?

The premise that politics should not be involved is true and that was gist of all my posts.

G these law suits are real for years the National Forest timber harvesting plan was completely stopped and much of the timber that was ready for harvest went to waste because of Liberal Judges that sided not with the law but with the tree huggers allot of money and time to finally turn over the ruling that was done by a Federal Judge that had common sense and followed the letter of the law rather than thier heart.

Hunting is under attack and this is one instances where that judge ruled based on personal beliefs rather the law. Most certainly it will be overturned AGAIN but man what a total waste of money time a resources. Funny how some folks who do not have deal with the over population of said predator can offer advice and direction on how to deal with it. Also equally laughable that what used to be good charitable organization is now a PAC like the NRA you so despise the Humane Society is no different political arm of extremists.

Most Hunters are conservationists and stewards of conservation not as you just portrayed them in you're post.

Maggie unless you're fingers are broke do you're own search I am not your secretary or should I be I do not post links because it is rather dumb considering you should have the ability to do your own research. But maybe you are too lazy or just want to argue. So if you want links do you're own research.

littleguy301

Why do such insults have to be thrown around. Now the arguement has turn personal and political.

Controling any animal population should be thought of. I dont agree with the judges verdict and like it was stated before that it will be probably overturned at some point.

The DNR has agreed that the wolves have populated more quickly than first expected but they have no answer as to how to control the population either so it is left in the control of groups that are either for or against and which group can toss more money in the way of the judge as to how to vote.

Besides complaining, does anyone have a idea as what to do with this situation?

Like BigG states, I have no problem with voices from either side because if you do not have a balance you going to have some problems.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet