Bi-State predictions?

Started by jw52, December 17, 2014, 12:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICEMAN112

The seeds listed are only auto seeds. The coaches have call in times on Sunday to argue for a better seed.

standup

Quote from: DarkKnight on December 27, 2014, 05:27:47 PM
Maybe there was a mistake?? most likely, is the explanation I would go to....they just put him at the wrong weight class.

Mistake? Maybe???  I believe this is 2 years in a row a change in weight classes has happened once the seedlings came out. There was also a post earlier stating how stacked 160 was and has since been withdrawn.  Mistakes happen  ;)

ICEMAN112

Quote from: standup on December 27, 2014, 11:14:41 PM
Quote from: DarkKnight on December 27, 2014, 05:27:47 PM
Maybe there was a mistake?? most likely, is the explanation I would go to....they just put him at the wrong weight class.

Mistake? Maybe???  I believe this is 2 years in a row a change in weight classes has happened once the seedlings came out. There was also a post earlier stating how stacked 160 was and has since been withdrawn.  Mistakes happen  ;)

IF you want to ask a question then go to the source. There was a mistake or should I say miscommunication with the coach and athlete. The change was asked for way before any seeds(auto seeds) came out- it was asked on Wednesday.160 is stacked and the post wasn't withdrawn on purpose-another mistake by pressing  too many buttons on a small phone. 13 Ranked kids(D3 #1&2) are at 160 but the wrestler moved to 152 where you have D1 #1 & #2 and Caelwarts who they may wrestle at State.

Just wanted to clarify the information- Mistake? Maybe???? Sure love public forum gossip.

DarkKnight

Ha. well that's what this is, and it is what it is. You would need to ask the people in charge of the tournament, but it is what it is.. .I'm would guess he was planning to cut to 152 all along, Not just a last minute decision. But I'm just guessing since I don't really know   

The Last Ride

Williams capable of winning 160 or 152.  In fact 160 is more wide open then 152 IMO about 6 or 7 kids that could win and they are not all in the top 7 auto seeds.... If they can go there per 1/2 lb since their last match, and it does not hurt a teammate or team for scoring then who cares..
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Hand Control

If Schoenfuss is eveyones automatic pick for 106 why is he not seeded #1

Hand Control

Question: Does anyone know who is the lowest seeded kid to win the Bi-state classic(any weight)?

boowrestle

Everybody needs tto go read the seeding criteria tthat bi state uses,wrestlers are 1st ranked by catagory,i believe 1-8,this is determined by past bi state/state results.Freshman need to pay their dues their first yr at bi state.126lbs #1 seed has been brought up,the current #1 seed although a 7-4 record,he placed top 5 at state last yr which places him in catagory #3 which is higher than the other participants.Look at 113lbs top 2  seeds.8-1 over 18-0,top kid was 3rd at both bi state/state,#2 was 5th at both(difference between catagory #1 and #3).Old saying"if you want to be the best you have to beat the best."Bi state seeding does a prettty good job  of gettting the top 4-6 seeds correct and after that its preety much a crap shoot anyways.Good luck to everybody.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Hand Control

Love the clarification boo,best of luck in the days ahead. New saying:(Put yourself in wars to become a warrior.)

dirt

That kid needs someone else taking care of his paper work. Because last year if I'm not mistaken he was at 145 until seeding came out then went to 152. Wow what poor paper work skills (or bad luck)  that that same thing could happen 2 years in a row! In order to be the best you need to beat the best. And you should not post how tough the weight class is if you don't plan to have him wrestle there. Good kid and good wrestler but gets pretty tough to cheer for someone that keeps trying to take the easy path!

ICEMAN112

Quote from: dirt on December 28, 2014, 11:03:50 AM
That kid needs someone else taking care of his paper work. Because last year if I'm not mistaken he was at 145 until seeding came out then went to 152. Wow what poor paper work skills (or bad luck)  that that same thing could happen 2 years in a row! In order to be the best you need to beat the best. And you should not post how tough the weight class is if you don't plan to have him wrestle there. Good kid and good wrestler but gets pretty tough to cheer for someone that keeps trying to take the easy path!

Easy path? What are you smoking? Schmid, Caelwarts and Ziolowski are the best! I would argue the point more but my last post was pretty clear why it happened this year. Look at the top 3 vs top 3 at 160. Not even close and Withington/Roen are good kids. Dirt maybe you should look at the kids first. The kid doesn't need fans that criticizes choices and hide behind screen names. The kid doesn't run from anyone and is wrestling with a torn shoulder.

mat time

Some people just think they are above the"LAW" :P
Gold medals aren

mike

Quote from: mat time on December 28, 2014, 01:18:52 PM
Some people just think they are above the"LAW" :P
No horse in this race but mat time that's pretty funny

Good luck to all....what a great tournament

boowrestle

Dirt,if you dont know the facts ,stay out of it,Williams doesnt run from anybody!!!!and no iam not from LaCross either.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Vinsanity 4

Yeah funny mat time! I wonder where u came up with that witty little phrase? ;D