Weight Question

Started by HMsDad, December 15, 2014, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMsDad

When do minimum weight go up? For example is 132 stay 132 until Christmas? I know the 2 day tourney thing just want to know when allowances goes into play. Thanks

Hyde

boowrestle

Until the coach decides to enter that the wrestler has been given parental permission.Has to be posted before kid competes at his/her minimum wt.JMO i would think most kids would be trying to wrestle their min wt at the holiday tournaments.
you can run but you cannot hide.

aarons23

I think he asking about the extra pound. Which is given at first of the year.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

woody53

The extra 2 pounds are given after December 25th.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

boowrestle

My bad i misread  2lbs after christmas another lb  around conference tourney time
you can run but you cannot hide.

grahekf

From the WIAA regulations:
http://www.wiaawi.org/Portals/0/PDF/Publications/Winter_Sport_Regs/wrestlingregs.pdf
Page 47

(6) Growth Allowance
Growth allowance will be two pounds on December 25, and one additional pound on both February 1 and March 1.
Note: A wrestler IS NOT eligible for a weight class because of growth allowance and/or allowances for
successive days wrestling, which bring a weight class up to their 7% minimum weight.
Note: Any time a contestant obtains a new minimum weight calculation (via special re-weigh or appeal)
after December 25, the wrestler must make scratch weight at their minimum weight one time to
qualify for the growth allowance at that weight.