Tuff dog toys??

Started by subzero, December 11, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subzero

So I have a puppy that's about 7 months old and no matter what kind of toy I get him he destroys it. What are some brands of dog toys that can take a beating and not be wrecked in a week?
Hooah

bigG

I bought , of all silly things, a ball. $3 at Menards. Thought it'd be a one week wonder (as opposed to the 10 second tennis balls with all that felt crap). One year, it beat up a bit, bit it's almost original size and keeps a whoopin'. In about five minutes, I'll have to rassle him for it, then throw it seven or ten times. He's got that look.   

0     0
   M
_____

Good boy!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

I got a foamy soccer ball from the local hardware store, gosh that thing held up.

I used to get for my big guy the King Kong brand chew toys, he chewed them up but not as quick as the other brands. I also got him some of the supposed real bones, that took him awhile also but he usually broke them in half but the shrappel bothered him so he did just take to chewing hard.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

be careful with certain rubber balls and such you could have his intestines block up and its lights out or very high surgical bill.

Fleet Farm has a red ball with handle it has held up well but to be truthful I play fetch with him then put it up so he keeps his drive to play and does not destroy it. He loves to play with it and will do so by fetching it taking up on the snow bank letting roll down and then putting hairless behind and sliding down the snow bank and repeating the process for many many repetitions. when he gets bored with that he will start chewing on the handle I take it and put it away. yup it's called training.

Leather and large beef bones are for chewing on otherwise ai do not encourage it.

littleguy301

I got that red ball from fleet farm, my boy digger tore the handle off it in 2 minutes. Then he was ready to play ;D

I am looking at it right now because it is in the dog toy box for the others ones. Just good memories of the old guy, wasnt a toy he wouldnt destroy if even just to make a point ;D

ramjet

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 07, 2015, 09:13:15 PM
I got that red ball from fleet farm, my boy digger tore the handle off it in 2 minutes. Then he was ready to play ;D

I am looking at it right now because it is in the dog toy box for the others ones. Just good memories of the old guy, wasnt a toy he wouldnt destroy if even just to make a point ;D

Now that's a DOG!

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on January 07, 2015, 09:16:52 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on January 07, 2015, 09:13:15 PM

Now that's a DOG!

The old boy and I had the same size neck ;D the old boys could have been a tick bigger, we would go into a store and I would try on the  collar and if it fit me it would fit him. Actually for the last few years of his life he usually went all natural. Shock collar that that was it. He liked that all natural look because he loved his neck scratched and a collar just got in the way. Plus he was more well known that I was around town.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on December 11, 2014, 06:29:13 PM
I bought , of all silly things, a ball. $3 at Menards. Thought it'd be a one week wonder (as opposed to the 10 second tennis balls with all that felt crap). One year, it beat up a bit, bit it's almost original size and keeps a whoopin'. In about five minutes, I'll have to rassle him for it, then throw it seven or ten times. He's got that look.  

0     0
  M
_____

Good boy!

Wow!  Our dogs really resemble each other, except for the size.     o  o
                                                                                                 m
                                                                                                ___

My 3 1/2 year old mutt has a little child's teddy bear that she's had for about 3 years.  Loves to bring it up to me for a tug-o-war session.  Will fetch, when I throw it, too.  It's one of those fuzzy bean bag ones, about 6 or 7 inches tall.  She's a small dog and used to be a real chewer, but this thing has yet to get a hole in it.  She's destroyed lots of other toys, including rubber toys, bigger stuffed animals (plus my wife's purse and a few pairs of shoes), but this one has yet to spring a leak.   :o
The tag is still on it: says "Fuzzie Buddies, by First & Main, Inc., Lombard, IL" 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TomM

Nylabone (sp?) stuff is hard and tough... My dog has never preferred them.. maybe too hard and tough...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

ramjet

The toughest chew toy is another dog that's as playful.🐶🐕🐩🐾

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on January 08, 2015, 05:38:16 PM
The toughest chew toy is another dog that's as playful.🐶🐕🐩🐾

+1  The toy that bites back!   :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

Mice and moles break too easily. ;)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Cats make great playmates and chew toys!  Especially when the cat is an adult and the dog is a young pup.   ;)