Week 1 Review

Started by bigdawg, December 09, 2014, 11:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdawg

Bonduel-Early loss to Coleman in which they lost one or two close matches, but then went on to roll on the Seymour Duals.  Definitley a top tier team in the CWC once again and could give Wittenberg a great run.

Almond Bancroft- went 1-4 in duals this week, but man their heavyweight is good.

Amherst- Went 2-2 this week in duals, but had a few bright spots along the way with Max Villnow getting a very solid win against Southern Door.  He could make a splash this year.

Menominee-Lost a fairly close dual to Wega and procedingly went 2-3 in duals on the weekend.

Manawa-went 2-4 in duals this week.  They seem to be really hurting with the losses of Griffin and Johnson to graduation. 

Rosholt-Went 3-2 over the weekend in duals and if a few things roll their way they could've maybe won in the duals they lost.

Shiocton-Took 4th at the Oconto Invite with a short handed team due to injuries and hydration testing is what I heard.  Fielding took a pretty big upset loss, but other than that they seemed to have had a pretty good day with some young talent stepping up.  Once Gunderson comes back, this team could be fairly solid.

Tri County- Took 13th out of 14th teams at the Royall Invite. 

Weyauwega- Had a solid dual win against Menominee and then went on to take 4th at the Little Chute Invite.  Andy Bork came home with the lone title for the Indians and I have a feeling, that after a good off season, he makes a push at state this year.

Wittenberg- Went 5-3 in duals this week with close losses to Eau Claire North, Wasau West, and Coleman.  They still have a very solid team, but they're some chinks in their armor right now.  The losses of graduation definitley are taking their effect on the team, but as the year goes on, the younger guys will definitley improve. 

Overall, this year's conference race is going to be a tight one and it will be a blast to watch!

padre

Couple injuries and a kid not making his weight yet cost W-B the West Duals.

Things look brighter here as our 182 has now been cleared to practice and injuries from Saturday will heal quickly.  Schedule is very front-end loaded and I think by the Bonduel dual everything should be in line.  Sucks to be patient but this year we must.

Manawa kids wrestled hard in dual and coaches are fully behind them but they are very young....hopefully numbers will continue to grow.  The 220 and 285 will make some noise this year along with last years conference finalist.

bigdawg

I do think in a few years Manawa will be a force.  They have great coaches and a slowly building youth program.  That's a great recipe for success

padre

While the dual score was a bit lopsided last night between Wega and W-B it was nice to see a conference meet with JV matches and nearly full teams going at it.  Wega has a lot of athletes wrestling and things will improve over the course of the season...W-B probably wrestled their best of the year and while things come together it gives a brighter outlook.