Arizona State University News - Sun Devils

Started by brotherofagoodwrestler, August 18, 2014, 09:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherofagoodwrestler

Arizona State University - Sun Devils
http://www.thesundevils.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=126708&SPSID=749610

---------------------------------------------------

Anybody else noticing what an incredible job recruiting Zeke Jones is doing at Arizona State? Wow, count em', four of the top 30 ranked seniors going to the same school. Three of the top 12 (Valencia brothers and L. Benick). I know very little about the school.....what's the draw for young kids? Is it Jones? I would love to hear other opinions!

leg turk

Maybe they are paying them to come there ?   ;D

charteroak1

I would start with Zeke, yes.  Throw in Pendleton, Pritts, a great facility that will be remodeled in the next few years, Sunkist, an amazing location, a good education and a great booster program and there you go.  I'm sure this isn't the end of the recruiting trail for Zeke and Co.  I could see them adding at least one more big name recruit, if not two.

hammen

Weather is great (imagine taking that visit in winter), Zeke, and Sunkist. They also benefit from not having as high of enrollment standards as most B1G schools or Ivies.

npope

Just walk the campus for about 30 minutes and you will see why it might be a big draw for 18 year old boys. The "scenery" is simply stunning  ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

don't they have a RTC and hosted some of the national team the last couple of years too?

jjgris

Quote from: npope on August 18, 2014, 01:46:12 PM
Just walk the campus for about 30 minutes and you will see why it might be a big draw for 18 year old boys. The "scenery" is simply stunning  ;)
That

imnofish

Quote from: npope on August 18, 2014, 01:46:12 PM

Link?   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

uncle Fester

got the van loaded...need to be sure n pope is not lying....we pick you up at noon no fish
we didnt come here for a picnic

OldAbes72

Weren't they close to dropping the program a couple of years ago?

imnofish

Quote from: uncle Fester on August 19, 2014, 07:23:07 AM
got the van loaded...need to be sure n pope is not lying....we pick you up at noon no fish

;D  Something tells me this will not be a co-ed field trip.   ;) 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

charteroak1

Yes dad 2 5, they do have a RTC which Sunkist is run out of.  The US World team just had a camp there at the end of June where not only the best Senior level guys were there, but also University and Junior level guys as well.  I'm sure that doesn't hurt with recruiting if you ask Zeke.  No different that Barry and Mitch bringing in the Cadet National team.  Get them to Madison early in their career, oh and in the summer.

littleguy301

Quote from: uncle Fester on August 19, 2014, 07:23:07 AM

Hey FESTER, I am in now, is the van still loaded and waiting to go. I realize fish can be a tad late at times!

I saw pictures on my computer thing,,,,,I AM IN!!!!!!!! now just to convince the wife it is a coaching trip ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet