(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

sunrangereagle

neutral

neutral

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on December 04, 2014, 10:57:35 PM
Slinger was obviously intimidated by Oconomowoc's mullets. 

Pretty weak Nappy ... I'd say they were more intimidated by 195 & 220.

I've never seen that before - having guys weigh in at 2 consecutive weights ... and not wrestle either (to start a meet).

TomM

Wisconsin Lutheran overwhelms Beaver Dam
http://www.wiscnews.com/bdc/sports/high-school/wrestling/article_4546042c-a52e-5601-80fb-44c0ff007202.html

MILWAUKEE | Beaver Dam won only two matches as host Wisconsin Lutheran took Thursday's convincing 60-9 Little Ten wrestling dual opener.
"Wisco's as good as I've seen in a long, long time," Beaver Dam coach Jeff Slayton said. "They're solid from top to bottom.
"We've got two seniors so we're going to take our lumps for a while. We came out of it healthy."
Devin De Los Angeles recorded the lone pin for the Golden Beavers by flattening Lucas Roecker in 3 minutes, 39 seconds. Johnson Hoang (120) prevailed in an 11-9 overtime bout against Jacob Evans.
Alden Broome (195) had his 6-4 overtime contest with Jermain Fitzgerald go against him. BD returns to action Saturday at Campbellsport.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

TomM

Watertown wrestlers fall to West
http://www.wdtimes.com/sports/local_sports/article_44a732d8-7ca6-11e4-8750-1f3792db3aff.html
Watertown wrestlers fall to West
Posted: Friday, December 5, 2014 11:59 am
WEST BEND -- Watertown's wrestling team opened the season with a 51-24 Wisconsin Little Ten Conference dual meet loss to West Bend West on Thursday.
West reeled off nine consecutive victories to start the meet, beginning with Daemon Randall's 20-5 technical fall over Alex Podlesnik at 145 pounds and ending with Justin Lor's pin over Dylan Kuester in 20 seconds at 106.
"We started off 145," Watertown co-wrestling coach Nick Ryan said. "They are pretty stacked in the middle weights. We knew that going in. We have a lot of young kids on the team. They wrestled hard, but sometimes you wrestle people better than you. Our 106-pounder weighs in at 90 soaking wet and Lor is the defending conference champ. But Dylan wanted to wrestle him. He wants to get better every day."
There were two close matches during West's run. At 182, Anthony Schlass scored a 6-4 decision over Watertown senior Isaac Elsen. At heavyweight, Keegan Preston dropped a 7-6 decision to Matt Elsinger.
"Those were two tough losses," Ryan said. "If we had them back, we'd do a couple things over. We'll move on from here and get better."
Trailing 47-0, Watertown responded in the lower weight with 24 points. Taylor Foltz and Alexis Diaz received forfeits at 113 and 120, respectively. At 126, Jason Reince stuck West's Dawson Fischer in 56 seconds. At 132, freshman Clayton Goodman pinned Greg Tusche in 1:29.
"They dodged Taylor and Alexis," Ryan said. "Jason is one of the hardest workers on our team. This year, he is just a buzz saw. I am looking forward to watching him grow as a wrestler. Clayton will be a stud. He started out as a seventh-grader and has only gotten better. We are looking for big things out of him. He has had success in other sports and that success carries over."
In the final match, Watertown junior Nate Logan lost 13-2 to Isaiah Muckerheide.
"That was a good wake-up call for him to get it going," Ryan said. "He is not going to get down on himself. He will get better from here."
Watertown hosts the Early Bird Scramble on Saturday.
WEST BEND WEST 51, WATERTOWN 24
106 -- Justin Lor (WBW) pinned Dylan Kuester (W) at 0:20
113 -- Taylor Foltz (W) received forfeit
120 -- Alexis Diaz (W) received forfeit
126 -- Jason Reince (W) pinned Dawson Fischer (WBW) at 0:56
132 -- Clayton Goodman (W) pinned Greg Tusche (WBW) at 1:29
138 -- Isaiah Muckerheide (WBW) major dec. Nate Logan 13-2
*145 -- Daemon Randall (WBW) tech fall Alex Podlesnik (W) 20-5
152 -- Drew Rettler (WBW) pinned Christian Rojano (W) at 1:11
160 -- Dante Gonzales (WBW) pinned Levi Aslani (W) at 1:12
170 -- Garrett White (WBW) pinned James Sippel (W) at 1:59
182 -- Anthony Schlass (WBW) dec. Isaac Elsen (W) 6-4
195 -- Joe Leonhardt (WBW) pinned Sam Maule (W) at 3:36
220 -- Zach Klemstein (WBW) received forfeit
285 -- Matt Elsinger (WBE) dec. Keegan Preston (WBW) 7-6
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

neutral

Quote from: Napoleon Dynamite on December 05, 2014, 07:15:25 AM
Slinger didn't have guys for those weights. Can't always trust a program.  And the mullet quip was a joke.   Lighten up ;D

So you're saying Slinger didn't submit those entrants to Oconomowoc ... they just made it up?

For your future reference - your brand of humor is not universally appreciated.