14-15 Bluff talk

Started by bigG, November 14, 2014, 11:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Although it looks like the team stuff will come down to New Lisbon/Cashton this year, it would be cool to hear some perspectives from any/all teams.

Cashton has a nice junior class this year. Gonna miss these boys come May 2016. I wish I knew more about our competition. Please enlighten me/us, if you have some mojo on some teams and their rasslers.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

CLC FAN

What teams are in the Scenic Bluffs?  I'll write you a quick little summary if you get me the teams.

bigG

Cashton, Royall, New Lisbon, Brookwood, Necedah, Hillsboro, Wonewoc Center (no wrestling there).

If you want to come to the NL/Cashton dual , it'll be in Cashton, Tuesday night. I hear Cashton has an announcer who should go pro. :)

CLC FAN

It would seem that last year  (and this year) all Scenic Bluffs teams will share a regional.

Cashton

Returns 11 Regional Starters from a full Regional Championship team last year, 5 of whom qualified for sectionals, but none of whom made the trip to state.  Only one of their returning starters is a senior, so they will were very young last year and my take a big step forward this year.  They filled the two heaviest weight classes with freshmen last year, so you know those boys will pick up some wins now that they are a year older and seasoned!

Royall
Returns 5 of 9 Regional Starters from last year.  No sectional qualifiers.  Lunde is the big stud they will miss the most, but really it's a numbers game as far as team success for Royall this year.

New Lisbon
The Rockets return 10 starters from a team with only 1 forfeit last year.  5 of those gentlemen also qualified for sectionals - none for state.  New Lisbon was the rarest of all creatures last year - a D3 team that scored over 200 points at Regionals and did not move on.  Expect a great battle between them and Cashton for the Regional crown again this year.  The loss of Pederson and Connor will hurt, but this is a squad with some quality.

Necedah
Necedah took 6th at Regionals last year, but they had only 3 forfeits.  This year, they return 7 - including Jarron Bennett, who qualified for sectionals at 152.  Bennett will be Senior this year.

Hillsboro
Coming in right behind Necedah at Regionals was Hillsboro.  Of the 7 wrestlers in their lineup last year, only 4 return.  The good news if you are a glass-is-half-full kind of thinker is that they have good spread.  Two lightweights, one middleweight, and one upperweight. 

It looks like a year in which not a lot of big names return, so that leaves the tantalizing opportunity of kids making a name for themselves NOW!  The sectional these teams are in is just brutal, but the upside their is that those who make it to state are disproportionately likely to place compared to kids from other sectionals.

Good luck all and have a great season!

bigG

Thanks for the write up, bud. Well done.

I'm dang thankful for the numbers I'm seeing. NL was short last week, but those turkeys will be ready soon; and they'll have a lean mean teem.

Hills, Royall are up in numbers, now. Just glad more young folks are enjoying wrestling in the bluffs.

bigG

Hosted Hills last night. Some green guys; but could be real tough, real soon. I was just glad to see so many tigers wrestling. great sign for the future of the conference. Nice job Hillsboro! Seem like a nice group.