Are you as dumb as me?

Started by bigG, November 12, 2014, 08:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Bad memories there, for me...   Back in our days of poverty, we used to do our laundry in the bathtub, wring it out by hand, then hang it on the clothesline.  During the winter, it would freeze dry.  It wasn't the softest stuff to wear, but at least it was clean. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

My mom always had one the length of the basement for winter. I enjoyed washing my clothes by hand when I lived in S. America. Love the smell of their laundry soap.

Speaking of laundry. I've learned to only use cold water, as the hot can make mixing whites with colors a little more of a sharing experience.

Another "dumb-me" lesson I have to learn, over and and over, is that cell phones don't wash well. this is why i miss my little flip phone. That sucker lasted 4 washes and kept on tickin'. Slide out, not as well.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Dale Einerson

Quote from: bigG on December 02, 2014, 12:01:59 PM
My mom always had one the length of the basement for winter. I enjoyed washing my clothes by hand when I lived in S. America. Love the smell of their laundry soap.

Common man!  You just enjoyed visiting around the comunal basin in the market square with the locals while you laundered...the soap smell, it smells of an excuse to commune... ;)

bigG

I wish that were the case. Our laundry was in the back yard, washboard-shaped concrete and the coldest water running out of it. You earn your laundry! :)

imnofish

At the time we were freeze drying our laundry, we lived in the projects, so there was no basement.  Glad nobody swiped our clothes, though.  Maybe frozen underwear is just not attractive to thieves?  
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

Ravaged my house this morning, looking for my missing keys. All this, while my truck was warming up...keys in ignition.  :-\

wrestlersdad

Quote from: bigG on December 04, 2014, 08:07:15 AM
Ravaged my house this morning, looking for my missing keys. All this, while my truck was warming up...keys in ignition.  :-\

My wife had this same problem.  I solved it for her with what she still claims is "the best Christmas present ever"

Remote Starter
When opportunity comes, its too late to prepare.

Dale Einerson

Oh my...I think we have a winner!

ramjet

That made me laugh outloud only because it sounds like something I would do....🚙🔑

It only gets worse........👹

imnofish

I once lost my car keys for a week, only to find them in the freezer.  That's what happens when you have your freezer in the garage and you put groceries away as soon as you park your car.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...   ;D

bigG

TomM

Let's see.....
Two times... TWICE I have purchased a gallon of ice cream... brought it home, opened the freezer and somehow set the gallon of ice cream on the top of the freezer... only to figure it out the next day... (too late)... I think I was clearing space in freezer and got side tracked... D'OH....

Haven't purchased a gallon of ice cream for over ten years now... probably afraid to ruin it...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

LOL!! Been there. Stuff gets gooey behind the fridge.