Man Pride; "I do not need the instruction!"

Started by ramjet, November 11, 2014, 08:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Ok so I purchased a shelve set and of course like most men "I did not need the instructions."

So long story short I hav selve at that is 1" shorter and I am very sure my lovely wfe will never let me forget that a skill SA was NOT listed as one of the tools needed for assembly..........😡

bigG

Funny you should bring this one up. Installed a new crapper the other day and the bolts wouldn't go down enough to be flush. Sawzall, baby. 1968 Milwaukee Sawzall. :) My baby.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Dale Einerson

Long story short may be the appropriate quote...

I am picturing BigG cutting, what, nylon bolts down?  Then, can't help but wonder, if the thing ever gets unstable or tippy with use...they may be more to the story at some point.

A few weeks ago a bike store was going out of business, and I bought some clip-in pedals.  Then, a few weeks later, I hit a sale on bike shoes that clip-in.  I read the instructions, over and over, with my cheater glasses because apparently it was a good idea to have all 17 combinations of pedals and shoes on 1 fold-out page, took me 3 hours to put 2 pedals on and install the cleats in the shoes.  I read the instructions, over and over...glad I was on decaf.

ramjet

LOL Dale being an avid cyclist I will make this prediction; If this is the first set of clip in pedals you will do a Artie Johnson at least once at stop sign......🚴  🚦

They do print those little cycle parts instructions very small.

G-saw all and Dremel,tools are dangerous things in the hands of a seasoned home repair hobbiest.

(For those not old enough Laugh In Artie Johnson on tricycle tips over)

littleguy301

Remember, a good vice also helps out when sawzell needs to cut those small items ;D Holding those small items in one hand and running a sawzell in the other could lead to................ ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Dale Einerson

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 11, 2014, 10:16:15 AM
Remember, a good vice also helps out when sawzell needs to cut those small items ;D Holding those small items in one hand and running a sawzell in the other could lead to................ ;)

...shorter parts...

Ram, I actually practiced in the garage before I went out and now am thinking I have to tighten the cleats up after having ridden several times.  Probably should forgo the spandex shorts for a long time for several reasons, among them, the Artie Johnson tip over impression.  Afraid if I tip over somebody will try to push me back into the ocean.

bigG

Quote from: ramjet on November 11, 2014, 10:06:15 AM
LOL Dale being an avid cyclist I will make this prediction; If this is the first set of clip in pedals you will do a Artie Johnson at least once at stop sign......🚴  🚦

They do print those little cycle parts instructions very small.

G-saw all and Dremel,tools are dangerous things in the hands of a seasoned home repair hobbiest.

(For those not old enough Laugh In Artie Johnson on tricycle tips over)

LOL! I was looking for my Dremel. Couldn't find it and I was on a mission. They were metal bolts with nuts, so I screwed the nuts down , then cut 'em off, so the little caps would cover them. I didn't cut them flush, though (ironic adjective when discussing stools). Just enough to fir the little decorative caps over them bolts.

I would have used the dremel. Little more convenient than the sawzall. I was to the point of POed, frustrated, intent on finishing. Would have gone hacksaw, too, if I didn't remember where the sawzall was. I hate anything that involves plumbing, so when I see the light at the end of the tunnel, full steam.

I think we've all learned the hard way about Sawzallin'/Dremellin' hand-helds. Turns out most metal is a conductor and gets a litlte warm when you cut while in your hand. Hmmm. Sometimes, the hard way is the best way to learn.

ramjet

practice is good but mark my words..........lol

yea forget the spandex the ladies are the only nes who should wear hat and then some of them should refrain.

bigG

Dale Einerson

Quote from: ramjet on November 12, 2014, 08:36:39 AM

yea forget the spandex the ladies are the only nes who should wear hat and then some of them should refrain.

I promise to call myself out the first time I do an Artie next year...

And, no spandex for me, I am sponsored not to wear their stuff...

ramjet

Quote from: Dale Einerson on November 12, 2014, 09:35:35 AM
Quote from: ramjet on November 12, 2014, 08:36:39 AM

I promise to call myself out the first time I do an Artie next year...

And, no spandex for me, I am sponsored not to wear their stuff...

Oh I wear it but under my regular shorts because the chamois is a nice feature when biking for several hours at a time. No outside or alone though nobody should be subjected to that.