Mark Hall Top 6 Schools

Started by WW_1995, November 10, 2014, 04:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW_1995

Mark Hall came out with his top 6 schools, and voilà Wisconsin was one of em. He would be a sweet pickup for the badgers.

Nebraska, Wisconsin, Penn State, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, and Ohio State.  Looking to commit between Junior and Senior seasons. Could have a pretty salty lineup by the time he's a true FR. Mark Hall is a guy that is going to score a lot of points at the NCAA tournament for whatever school he wrestles for, and bonus points at that. It would be absolutely huge for Wisconsin and future recruiting to land Mark Hall, considered to be the top p4p wrestler in high school right now.

Ino

I remember an article I read about Mark Hall, it mentioned that in his first 7th grade year when he wrestled varsity in Kentucky and placed 2nd at state, he was coached by Tim Ruschell, which means he and TJ were teammates for one season.

hammen

You are correct Ino. I believe Mark Hall was on campus this summer when the FILA Cadet team was in town. He was around during B1Gs last year. It sure helps that he has a good relationship with the Ruschell's. He seems like a great kid whose values would fit in well with the Badger wrestling family.

Canadian Tuxedo

If it means anything, Mark Hall happened to be the one to retweet the news that Hunter Ritter committed to Wisconsin.

CLC FAN

It can't hurt having World Team Trials hosted in Madison for the second straight year either.  Or that the Badgers have a Regional Training Center.  It truly is amazing how much the staff have done to put themselves in this position from just a few short years ago.

jaguarwrestler

obviously I would love to have him, but when you have the choice of those teams.... hard to think he would choose UW... we do have the best school but near bottom on that list of wrestling programs, I mean that is the best of the best and he is the best of the best. I would be just as happy with Breske
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

dad 2 5

Quote from: futurerichguy on November 10, 2014, 08:33:55 PM
Hall's timing would work perfect if he planned on wrestling at 165 lbs.  Zeke would be a senior Hall's red-shirt season.  Breske in the same training room would be a sell as well.  Imagine Hall at 165 lbs, and Breske at 174 lbs for 4 straight years.

+1!

oldfan

I think Hall is looking at 174-184 in college , based on talking to his dad at the social the night before the JJ Classic last weekend . He expressed a ton of respect for Ricky R , specifically mentioned twice how tough he was . If Ricky R is a 184 lifer then that reduces the Badgers shot at Hall , IMO .

mkm13

Quote from: oldfan on November 10, 2014, 09:34:27 PM
I think Hall is looking at 174-184 in college , based on talking to his dad at the social the night before the JJ Classic last weekend . He expressed a ton of respect for Ricky R , specifically mentioned twice how tough he was . If Ricky R is a 184 lifer then that reduces the Badgers shot at Hall , IMO .

All the schools he is interested in will have talent around the weights he wants to wrestle.  Having Ricky in the room should be viewed as a strength for UW as he will be a good practice partner for him.  Hall and/or Breske are both talented enough where they will find their way into the line up.  UW having Brandvold, Robertson, Christensen and Ritter would give both of them great practice partners.

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: mkm13 on November 10, 2014, 10:16:27 PM
Quote from: oldfan on November 10, 2014, 09:34:27 PM

All the schools he is interested in will have talent around the weights he wants to wrestle.  Having Ricky in the room should be viewed as a strength for UW as he will be a good practice partner for him.  Hall and/or Breske are both talented enough where they will find their way into the line up.  UW having Brandvold, Robertson, Christensen and Ritter would give both of them great practice partners.

I noticed Iowa was missing from the list :)

I agree, with the list of teams above they will all be stacked so can't worry about who is there today. Besides RR will be a junior when Hall is a true freshman and I would think they could figure it out... as of now I would bet Hall is 174 to start his career

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: futurerichguy on November 11, 2014, 08:07:39 AM
How tall is Mark Hall?  I was assuming he's about 5'10", so I thought he'd make a perfect 165 lber with future potential for the 74KG Olympic weight class.  With the new 86KG Olympic weight class, the guys will be getting bigger.  I'd expect a few 197 lb collegiate wrestlers going for that weight class.

Either way, if Breske and Hall are slated for the same college weight class and Barry has to make a decision, lets hope he's learned from past mistakes.  When in doubt, go with the local boy.

we had a nice pipeline going to Apple Valley, then a year later they where all gone from the team. I think Breske is just as good and could easily be just as good in college... best in HS never guarantees best in college. I do think WI makes sense if Hall doesn't pick UM, close to home, great school, great campus and solid wrestling program.

aarons23

I'll bet Hall goes to Minnesota.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Dale Einerson

What is "close to home" for Hall?

We all know he transferred in to Apple Valley, but where do his parents really reside and what does he think of as "home?"

I sincerely hope Hall chooses the UW.  I think the UW has some bigs in the coaching staff that would provide excellent training and competition, so that should be viewed as a plus. 

Minnesota enters the season ranked #1 with 3 individuals ranked #1.  Going to be a fun and interesting year for Golden Gopher wrestling and an exceptional year to recruit hard, with a lot of upper classmen filling our their wrestling careers. 

How many Apple Valley grads are on the UM roster now?  I am guessing 2...

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Dale Einerson on November 11, 2014, 09:42:36 AM
What is "close to home" for Hall?

We all know he transferred in to Apple Valley, but where do his parents really reside and what does he think of as "home?"

I sincerely hope Hall chooses the UW.  I think the UW has some bigs in the coaching staff that would provide excellent training and competition, so that should be viewed as a plus. 

Minnesota enters the season ranked #1 with 3 individuals ranked #1.  Going to be a fun and interesting year for Golden Gopher wrestling and an exceptional year to recruit hard, with a lot of upper classmen filling our their wrestling careers. 

How many Apple Valley grads are on the UM roster now?  I am guessing 2...

I believe he is from Michigan, they are not on the list, seems strange.

Dale Einerson

I believe he made the move to Minnesota to be able to wrestle High School from 7th grade on...but, this is what I got from an article found through googling:

Mark and his father are students of the sport and, when he was preparing to enter seventh grade in Goodrich, Mich., he asked his father if they could move to Union, Ky., so he could wrestle varsity at Ryle High School. Their research revealed that Ryle had some talented athletes (two state champions) whom he could work out against every day in practice and many of their meets were against teams in Ohio — one of the top wrestling states in the country.

An added bonus: Kentucky is one of the few places where seventh and eighth graders can compete for a state championship.

Well, he almost made it. He compiled a 42-3 record at 119 pounds and finished second (6-2 loss) to the defending state champion, who was a senior.

"I was real proud of myself, that I could wrestle all those older guys," he said. "But it kind of left an empty feeling."

Ryle coach Tim Ruschell was thrilled to have Hall, even for just one year.