Ready to Plow?

Started by imnofish, November 09, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

I could be plowing at least a foot of snow within the next day or so.   :o :o :o :o :o   So glad I got all my equipment ready ahead of time!  If you haven't done the same, you might want to get going on that.  You could be next!   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TomM

Have three snow moving machines... (we are not expecting too much snow though this week... phew)... My tractor with plow, my Ariens snow thrower and the neighbors Cub Cadet Tractor with snow thrower...
NONE are ready... The snow attachment is not on the neighbors tractor (I do her snow moving for her.. she is 80)... Not sure where chains are for my tractor (in a five gallon pail somewhere buried in garage) and the Ariens... that may be ready, but I have not tried starting it yet.  
Anyone use Sea Foam? < http://seafoamsales.com/sea-foam-motor-treatment/ > that stuff is amazing... It helped me start four gasoline engines that would not even turn over... string trimmer, two leaf blowers and rototiller... Amazing.. I will put some in the Ariens... and should be good to go.

Anyone add/use Marvel Mystery Oil added to their gasoline?  that is good stuff too...
< http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/ >

Anyone else spray the snow thrower shoot and bin and blades with WD40?  That keeps snow from clogging... I have said this before, I buy one gallon at Farm and Fleet and use the small spray bottles...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Thanks for the reminder about the WD40.  I will have to spray some on the appropriate snowblower parts and my plow blade tomorrow.  I have used the Seafoam stuff before and it is darn effective.  Now, they are saying we could get as much as 18 inches of the nasty white stuff!   :o :o :o :o :o   When I'm done with my snow, I drive my ATV over to my father's place and plow his.  Seems weird to think that just a few days ago I was catching walleyes and smallies.  Saw a kid about 11 years old who caught a 48 inch musky, too.  Before we know it, we'll be walking on water.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

I still have to get the blade on the ole Suzuki tonight. I hate winter.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on November 10, 2014, 06:37:43 AM
I still have to get the blade on the ole Suzuki tonight. I hate winter.

Embrace the pain.  Mind over matter and all that jazz...   ;D 

bigG

I'm usually a'ight once I'm into it. Just starting winter stinks.

Got 5 full cords ready to go. I'd like to take this moment to thank my Amish buddy for being so dang productive. :)
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TomM

The Ariens snow blower started on second pull... that's since last spring... Wow... It has always started nicely, but as it's gotten older I keep expecting some temperamental behavior...
Found the tire chains for the tractor... next job, maybe tomorrow.. get them on tractor and get the plow on as well.
:0)
SO MUCH FUN!!!!  8)

NOT! :P

imnofish

Speaking of fun...   We had several inches of heavy, wet snow, with ice underneath, which made it a real joy to remove.  I got done with mine, then helped the neighbors' kid get her vehicle unstuck from the hill portion of their driveway (basically had to plow their driveway and push her up the hill).  Then, helped another neighbor lady clear the bottom half of the driveway, so she could get into the garage; her husband got to finish the job when he got home from working second shift.  Then, I drove my ATV across town and did my father's driveway, which has a long hill.  Shoveling the snow off his porch and sidewalk was a real workout, too!  The good news is that all the work I've put into getting in better shape this summer and fall made the whole adventure more tolerable.  We are slated for more snow overnight, so tomorrow should be another fun day!   ::)

littleguy301

Taking the deck off the mower today and putting on the plow. Should be painless but none the less I am not ready for winter yet.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

aarons23

four trucks all have plows on  with operating snow blowers and one skidster with snow bucket loaded and ready.  My shop guy was a busy guy this week end.  I hope the snow holds of because I have too much other work left...but if it doesn't we will go to work moving snow!
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

ramjet

The MUV is ready and with QD can switch from blade to bucket in seconds..........

TomM

Plow is now on tractor... whew... what a relief... and it runs... good stuff.

smitty71

Got the snowblower all set to go tonight.  Filled with gas, put the wire on the spark plug, primed, & pressed the electric start button a couple times.  One of the best improvements on my new machine, wished they had that 30 yrs ago!
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

ramjet

should changed that to already plowed.........twice🎅🎄

imnofish

Finally got around to shoveling a foot or so of the white stuff from our large deck.   :P  Took about an hour, so once again I am glad that my ticker is in good shape.  Then my dog took me for a long hike.  Walking my dog has definitely been good for me, as well as the 15+ lbs I've lost.