Weirdest thing or way you saw someone hauling from the hardware store?

Started by ramjet, November 06, 2014, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 08, 2014, 09:24:00 PM
Quote from: bigoil on November 07, 2014, 09:36:02 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on November 06, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
I once put so many bags of concrete in the back of a Ford Ranger that it was almost impossible to steer. The wheels were barely touching the ground.  ;D

I did that with rail ties, driving from downtown MKE to new Berlin with a F350, I believe they were 12 or 16' rail ties. Going down 94 with your front wheels barely on the ground is interesting. Lined a run off for the boss of the papermill at his house.

I guess I know who are NOT construction workers ;D

Guys, you have to know someone that has a trailor ;)

I once loaded a tractor/trailor with concrete curb. He could legally haul 24 tons but I managed to fit another 25-30 tons in that trailor :o 50+ ton load. He said that tractor was a grunting going down the road but we knew it was a friday night and it was late so lets get home.

I once saw a guy leaving a home improvement store with around a ton of concrete bags in the FRONT SEAT of a pickup. Pretty funny and a head scratcher at the same time.

I saw a guy with a brand new 1 ton pickup some 25 years ago broke down on the side of the road with 3 yards of concrete in his box/ditch. He signed the wavier because his new pickup was a 3 yard box and he figured that he could haul 3 yards of concrete in that. The concrete place tried to explain it to him but he would have nothing of it so he signed a wavier backed that truck under the shoot and made it about 1 mile before that weight of the concrete blew out the wheels, side of the box and twisted the frame. Guess that brand new pick up was totally and it couldnt hold 3 yards of concrete.

I had a red flag on the timbers :)

ramjet

Quote from: bigoil on November 10, 2014, 07:40:13 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on November 08, 2014, 09:24:00 PM
Quote from: bigoil on November 07, 2014, 09:36:02 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on November 06, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
I once put so many bags of concrete in the back of a Ford Ranger that it was almost impossible to steer. The wheels were barely touching the ground.  ;D

I did that with rail ties, driving from downtown MKE to new Berlin with a F350, I believe they were 12 or 16' rail ties. Going down 94 with your front wheels barely on the ground is interesting. Lined a run off for the boss of the papermill at his house.

I guess I know who are NOT construction workers ;D

Guys, you have to know someone that has a trailor ;)

I once loaded a tractor/trailor with concrete curb. He could legally haul 24 tons but I managed to fit another 25-30 tons in that trailor :o 50+ ton load. He said that tractor was a grunting going down the road but we knew it was a friday night and it was late so lets get home.

I once saw a guy leaving a home improvement store with around a ton of concrete bags in the FRONT SEAT of a pickup. Pretty funny and a head scratcher at the same time.

I saw a guy with a brand new 1 ton pickup some 25 years ago broke down on the side of the road with 3 yards of concrete in his box/ditch. He signed the wavier because his new pickup was a 3 yard box and he figured that he could haul 3 yards of concrete in that. The concrete place tried to explain it to him but he would have nothing of it so he signed a wavier backed that truck under the shoot and made it about 1 mile before that weight of the concrete blew out the wheels, side of the box and twisted the frame. Guess that brand new pick up was totally and it couldnt hold 3 yards of concrete.

I had a red flag on the timbers :)

BIG red flag? LOL

Dale Einerson