Weirdest thing or way you saw someone hauling from the hardware store?

Started by ramjet, November 06, 2014, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

I guess not what but how? I saw a guy today he has 4 foot of 4" PVC hanging about 4 feet out the passenger window of his SUV facing forward...........yikes 😯🙈

Ghetto

I once put so many bags of concrete in the back of a Ford Ranger that it was almost impossible to steer. The wheels were barely touching the ground.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on November 06, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
I once put so many bags of concrete in the back of a Ford Ranger that it was almost impossible to steer. The wheels were barely touching the ground.  ;D

I did that with rail ties, driving from downtown MKE to new Berlin with a F350, I believe they were 12 or 16' rail ties. Going down 94 with your front wheels barely on the ground is interesting. Lined a run off for the boss of the papermill at his house.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on November 07, 2014, 09:36:02 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on November 06, 2014, 10:24:47 PM

I did that with rail ties, driving from downtown MKE to new Berlin with a F350, I believe they were 12 or 16' rail ties. Going down 94 with your front wheels barely on the ground is interesting. Lined a run off for the boss of the papermill at his house.

I guess I know who are NOT construction workers ;D

Guys, you have to know someone that has a trailor ;)

I once loaded a tractor/trailor with concrete curb. He could legally haul 24 tons but I managed to fit another 25-30 tons in that trailor :o 50+ ton load. He said that tractor was a grunting going down the road but we knew it was a friday night and it was late so lets get home.

I once saw a guy leaving a home improvement store with around a ton of concrete bags in the FRONT SEAT of a pickup. Pretty funny and a head scratcher at the same time.

I saw a guy with a brand new 1 ton pickup some 25 years ago broke down on the side of the road with 3 yards of concrete in his box/ditch. He signed the wavier because his new pickup was a 3 yard box and he figured that he could haul 3 yards of concrete in that. The concrete place tried to explain it to him but he would have nothing of it so he signed a wavier backed that truck under the shoot and made it about 1 mile before that weight of the concrete blew out the wheels, side of the box and twisted the frame. Guess that brand new pick up was totally and it couldnt hold 3 yards of concrete.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

I only play construction worked on TV.

I am also famous for not tying anything down. Lose more than my share of stuff relying on gravity and the downward pressure of the wind.  ;)

TomM

Well, this was certainly an upsetting day for me. 8)
Went to Farm and Fleet... needed bird seed, new hedge trimmer (rivet fell out of the old one), dog treats, hinges for cold frame, longer wood screws to keep door hinges in place, huge 'construction' trash bags, AA batteries...
I don't drink too much 'pop' any more, but my favorite was Diet Coke... sometimes just before check out line I grab one 12 ounce diet coke and open it on the way home.  Lasts the rest of the day.. usually... Well, not today.  Loaded the car, returned the cart and drove home... Left the diet coke in the 'kid seat' area of the cart.  Dang me!  Driving there is about 9 miles round trip.  With the 1995 Jeep Wrangler, at 15 mpg it would cost me over $1.50 to drive back and 'hope' it would still be in that cart.  Well, hope someone else enjoyed a FREE diet coke today anyhow...   BUT I did get a heck of a lot done today at the house.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Tom, I have done that with the meat sticks! Man I have a weakness for those greasy, unhealthy little morsals and I have in the past left them at the store! Well I am sure someone enjoyed them is the only satifaction I get from my loss.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

I'm a sucker for pretty much any preserved meat product like that. Sausages, jerkies, all mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I think seeing an eight-pointer on a Dodge Omni cracked me up pretty good.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

followed guy leaving fleet farm with a truck load of posts and fencing I was Leary of following him and for good reason when he stopped at the 4-way he was ok......but when he took off it was not so good the entire load was lying scattered at the 4-way pulled over helped him load it up and borrowed him some ratchets straps but even though it cost some manual labor I got good chuckle from it.

Ghetto

I had a truck full of deck lumber fall out of the back at the intersection of Oklahoma, 43rd and Forest Home. Held up traffic for about 20 minutes. Not one person got out to help, so I took my time.  ;D

ramjet

that was YOU..........LOL saw it on the evening news ........ just kidding of course.

Ghetto

imnofish

Quote from: TomM on November 08, 2014, 11:04:32 PM
Well, this was certainly an upsetting day for me. 8)
Went to Farm and Fleet... needed bird seed, new hedge trimmer (rivet fell out of the old one), dog treats, hinges for cold frame, longer wood screws to keep door hinges in place, huge 'construction' trash bags, AA batteries...
I don't drink too much 'pop' any more, but my favorite was Diet Coke... sometimes just before check out line I grab one 12 ounce diet coke and open it on the way home.  Lasts the rest of the day.. usually... Well, not today.  Loaded the car, returned the cart and drove home... Left the diet coke in the 'kid seat' area of the cart.  Dang me!  Driving there is about 9 miles round trip.  With the 1995 Jeep Wrangler, at 15 mpg it would cost me over $1.50 to drive back and 'hope' it would still be in that cart.  Well, hope someone else enjoyed a FREE diet coke today anyhow...   BUT I did get a heck of a lot done today at the house.

Could be worse, like the time I left a whole bag of groceries hanging on the rotating rack at the checkout.  Drove home (15 miles) and then realized it.  Called the store, but the next person in line apparently got a free bag of groceries.   :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

imnofish

I once left the lumber yard with a pickup load of drywall, turned onto the highway, and watched the tailgate flop down...   followed by the immediate ejection of the top sheet of drywall onto the highway.  Yes, it did end up in pieces.   :'( 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

TomM

Quote from: imnofish on November 09, 2014, 08:13:33 PM
I once left the lumber yard with a pickup load of drywall, turned onto the highway, and watched the tailgate flop down...   followed by the immediate ejection of the top sheet of drywall onto the highway.  Yes, it did end up in pieces.   :'( 

FUN!!!!  Aaargh...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"