John Prine

Started by TomM, November 02, 2014, 08:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

I hear ya. I'm not spending the time and money unless I'm pretty sure this is gonna be good.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

I aint hurt'n no one,,,,,is a favorite Prine tune of mine.

While I may not have the deep love for Prine as it sounds like some of you guys do, I do like his tunes and enjoy them on a nice cruise.

Tom, you thought you might get something by us "younger" guys but............. ;D

Tom, remember if you ever have a party, make sure Grand Master BigG is doing the spinning of your music for the night. I think he would do you pretty good. I know if I have a big party some day, BigG will be my spin master ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

Dang nice thing to say. I think you and I just have VERY similar musical tastes. :) Great minds think alike. I guess you and I shatter that expression to pieces. ;D

I used to download tons of music to make CDs for friends who were having parties. Just because I knew them, and their guests. I don't have anymore great MP3 sources.

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on November 06, 2014, 11:19:02 AM
Dang nice thing to say. I think you and I just have VERY similar musical tastes. :) Great minds think alike. I guess you and I shatter that expression to pieces. ;D

I used to download tons of music to make CDs for friends who were having parties. Just because I knew them, and their guests. I don't have anymore great MP3 sources.

starting to blush ;)

We had much of the same listening music I would have to say. I was all over the map and for the most part I still am though I have been more of a metal head of late.

bigG

LOL!! I've been listening to Nat King Cole, Etta James, and that stuff. I'm still all over the map, though.

Now that Henry Rollins has that "stuff ya never knew about Americ" show, that i love to watch, I'm finding a renewed love for Black Flag. Still, I like some humor to my punk (Dead Milkmen). I do love middle/old Metallica. And Justice For All might be the greatest metal disc ever. The recording is a mess, though. I can't believe those engineers couldn't do a better job than that. >:(

I can't say I hate everything new, though. "I'm all about dat bass...no treble." Charles bradley is pretty BA, too. The horn section does it for me.

imnofish

Never heard of this guy before, but I watched the video posted by fan.  Nice song!  I could definitely see this guy singing around the campfire with us.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on November 07, 2014, 06:53:31 AM
LOL!! I've been listening to Nat King Cole, Etta James, and that stuff. I'm still all over the map, though.

Now that Henry Rollins has that "stuff ya never knew about Americ" show, that i love to watch, I'm finding a renewed love for Black Flag. Still, I like some humor to my punk (Dead Milkmen). I do love middle/old Metallica. And Justice For All might be the greatest metal disc ever. The recording is a mess, though. I can't believe those engineers couldn't do a better job than that. >:(

I can't say I hate everything new, though. "I'm all about dat bass...no treble." Charles bradley is pretty BA, too. The horn section does it for me.

I really like that show Rollins does! I listened to him on a radio interview back in August about the show and one of the DJ's asked Rollins when he was at havard did any of the professors know he was the lead singer for Black Flag?

Yes it has renewed my interest in Rollins and Black Flag, the band of his name and such. I just cannt get over how angry he sang but yet so reserved in nature on interviews like the one I heard him a couple months ago.

Being a farm kid, I had the "dead milkman" t-shirt for more of a gag than anything but yet I still listened to them somewhat.

I actually really do enjoy Rollins, he got a little twisted over the years but now seems to have got it straightened out. His show rocks in my eyes but I like that kind of stuff.