My D1 Preseason Team Rankings

Started by Grant Peissig, October 30, 2014, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Peissig

Quote from: DocWrestling on November 04, 2014, 05:31:43 PM
Marty Loy Classic has added 2 new contending teams this year in Bayport and Mukwonago.  They will compete for the title with Menomonie, Sauk Prairie(defending champ), Burlington, Menomonee Falls, Hudson, Stevens Point, plus many more.  Team list is on trackwrestling.

Bay Port and Muckwanago will definitely make a tough tournament even tougher.  It should be fun to see where a lot of the top teams are at early in the season.  This or the Pulaski tournament has to be the toughest 1 day regular season event in Wisconsin.

Chris Hansen

crossface21

AmerysFinest

tosa west/east should definetley be in the mix up they have a very good line up with two potential state champions zachary miller, and justin folley, I look fwd to them making some noise this year!

Pheasant 1984

What school are you talking about Amery?
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

AmerysFinest

I'm referring to Wauwatosa west/east they have a nice line ups and 1 or 2 champions potentially

Grant Peissig

Quote from: AmerysFinest on November 17, 2014, 02:31:59 PM
tosa west/east should definetley be in the mix up they have a very good line up with two potential state champions zachary miller, and justin folley, I look fwd to them making some noise this year!

I didn't know Folley moved there, he can wrestle with anybody.  I know Miller placed as a Soph.  Was he hurt last year?

The real question is, how does a guy from Amery have the inside scoop on tosa?  Polk County transplant in da big city? :)

AmerysFinest

Lol because honestly my family is from the inner city so you might see a couple of bias comments from this guy lol lol but yes miller was hurt he is officially back which is good for that tosa team

Out of Nowhere

I'm surprised that the team with 6 returning state qualifiers (Cedarburg) hasn't been mentioned at all in this thread.

CLC FAN

Quote from: Out of Nowhere on November 21, 2014, 07:35:14 AM
I'm surprised that the team with 6 returning state qualifiers (Cedarburg) hasn't been mentioned at all in this thread.

Coach Peissig listed them as honorable mention in his rankings on the very first post of this thread.   ::)

I think either Menomonee Falls or Cedarburg will be the Team State representative for Sectional G this year, but they will be hard-pressed to get past Menomonie in the first round at Team State.

Out of Nowhere

Quote from: CLC FAN on November 21, 2014, 11:28:59 AM
Quote from: Out of Nowhere on November 21, 2014, 07:35:14 AM

Coach Peissig listed them as honorable mention in his rankings on the very first post of this thread.   ::)

I think either Menomonee Falls or Cedarburg will be the Team State representative for Sectional G this year, but they will be hard-pressed to get past Menomonie in the first round at Team State.
Apparently I'm good at reading.

determined

I still have a problem with CLC Fan's assessment that the Whitnall/Greendale co-op has a 7% chance of winning its Regional (with Mukwonago at 63% and West Allis Central at 22%).
Whitdale is the team to watch in southeast Wisconsin- if not the team to beat!

In the Sectional, three teams tied last year for the most non-senior placewinners (1st through 4th) with four each.
The teams were: Whitnall, West Allis Central and Greendale.
So Whitdale will now have 8!

Also- Whitnall and Greendale EACH had more non-senior wrestlers in last year's conference lineups than any other Woodland team so Pewaukee is in big trouble too.

Also- Whitnall's JV squad was a monster last year. Check out what they did at the Bay Invitational in late January.

Care to change your prediction?

CLC FAN

Quote from: determined on November 27, 2014, 02:57:15 PM
In the Sectional, three teams tied last year for the most non-senior placewinners (1st through 4th) with four each.
The teams were: Whitnall, West Allis Central and Greendale.
So Whitdale will now have 8!

Care to change your prediction?

Whitnall and Greendale also had double placewinners at two weights - 106 and 145.  Since the other teams were limited to one starter per weight class, they would have struggled to match that output!

I will go back and look at how I combined these two teams' starters as far as numbers.  It might change their % chance but I doubt it will make them the favorite in my predictions.

Dizzy

From the looks of their skinfolds not everyone from Greendale came out for the team this year. They are missing a couple of starters including a sectional
placewinner

determined

That's going to happen when two strong teams combine.
7 sectional placewinners is still half the lineup- more than double what Mukwonago has coming back.