Pre Season thoughts?

Started by Willie, October 27, 2014, 01:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie

Working on your list Padre? I'll let you make the first list and then I'll adjust mine off of yours. Seems that I always forget about someone.

bigdawg

I heard some rumors that the bigger Pepilinski is really dinged up bad, is that true?

padre

Quote from: bigdawg on October 28, 2014, 08:18:41 AM
I heard some rumors that the bigger Pepilinski is really dinged up bad, is that true?

He will be back for the beginning of the season....if we can get him out of the woods. (:

bigdawg

Quote from: padre on October 28, 2014, 01:55:57 PM
Quote from: bigdawg on October 28, 2014, 08:18:41 AM

He will be back for the beginning of the season....if we can get him out of the woods. (:

He'll be in for a good year then

padre

I have a feeling that this year may be the closest race in some time with W-B taking a substantial hit losing seven seniors and Bonduel being very senior heavy this year.  The dual should be a great one and the tournament will come down to the end I have to believe.

Here are the conference point totals that are coming back...

1. Bonduel- 180 points

The Bears look primed to be easily a top 10 D3 school this year and wouldn't surprise me to get ranked in the top 5 at some point.  This team returns almost everyone and will be adding a couple good freshman(Banker and Boldt) to the line-up to make them pretty solid throughout.

Returning conference champs-Travis Wollenberg, Garrett Siolka, Sam Kroening
Returning conference runner-ups- Scott Gunderson, Austin Siolka, Dan Tauchen, Mitch Sokolski

2. Wittenberg-Birnamwood- 144.5 points

losing seven senior starters is never easy on anyone but the cupboard is not bare as there were upperclassmen back ups at nearly every weight.  The team has a few injury issues to settle but looks at their second half of the season as the toughest for duals in which they should be ready.

Returning conference champs- Stetson Potrykus, Alex Peplinski, August Peplinski
Returning conference runner-ups- Zach Urquhart, Gavin Czeronka, Griffin Magee

3. Menominee- 87 points

This team also took a hit of some major seniors and will be looking for leaders to help them get back to their highest finish ever.

4. Shiocton- 72 points

I don't think Shiocton's final point total shows how good they could be.  They have some high caliber wrestlers coming back along with some very good freshmen.  Filling the line-up will be key if the want to compete with Bonduel and W-B.

Returning conference champs- Henry Fielding
Returning conference runner-ups- Austin Riehl

5. Manawa- 71 points

The Wolves lost their 2 biggest studs from a year ago and will have to continue to rebuild.

Returning conference runner-ups- Daryn Claussen

6. Wega- 61 points

Wega looks to return most of their team and will be trying to fill the weight classes to get in the top half of the conference.

7.  A-B/Pacelli

While dual wins will be hard to come by this team will score in tournaments with their two big weights.

Returning conference champs- Cole Warzynski
Returning conference runner-ups- Jack Lawlis

8. Tri-County- 40 points

The team will return most of their starters but will need to get more kids out to come close to filling out a line-up.

9.  Rosholt-  22.5 points

I believe they had the injury bug last year as they filled much of the classes until later in the year.  The Hornets will look to keep everyone healthy and fill their line-up.

10.  Amherst- 4 points

While it looks bleak from the outside looking in the Falcons have their biggest freshman class in recent memory coming in and should make a run for the top half of the conference.

My bold predictions.....

1. Bonduel/W-B(just too close to call in my opinion)
3. Shiocton
4. Menominee
5. Amherst
6. Wega
7. Manawa
8. A-B/Pacelli
9. Rosholt
10. TriCounty

bigdawg

I agree with you completely padre.  Bonduel will return some horses this year and Wittenberg is always tough as nails.  That will be a battle.  Shiocton is my dark horse team.  They have some really talented guys coming back with a great freshmen class that will make or break them.  Shiocton could really make a push this year if their younger guys in the lighter weights develop quickly.

Gizmo6

I think this year could be a very interesting year in the conference.
My Predictions on the top half:
1. W-B
2. Bonduel
3. Shiocton
4. W-F
5. Amherst

Also I did some number crunching and here is the dual records for each team in the conference over the last 10 years of wrestling:
Bonduel 86-8
W-F 73-21
W-B 73-21
Shiocton 52-42
Manawa 47-47
Tri-County 39-55
Menomoniee Indian 36-58
Amherst 33-61
Almond Bancroft 28-36 (7 years)
Wild Rose 24-36 (6 years)
Pacelli 19-53 (8 years)
Rosholt 15-79

padre

Quote from: Gizmo6 on November 03, 2014, 12:41:36 PM
I think this year could be a very interesting year in the conference.
My Predictions on the top half:
1. W-B
2. Bonduel
3. Shiocton
4. W-F
5. Amherst

Also I did some number crunching and here is the dual records for each team in the conference over the last 10 years of wrestling:
Bonduel 86-8
W-F 73-21
W-B 73-21
Shiocton 52-42
Manawa 47-47
Tri-County 39-55
Menomoniee Indian 36-58
Amherst 33-61
Almond Bancroft 28-36 (7 years)
Wild Rose 24-36 (6 years)
Pacelli 19-53 (8 years)
Rosholt 15-79

Heck of a run by Bonduel as they are always very well coached(I believe W-B has won their last 32 since their debacle 4 years ago at the multi-dual).  Losing their top assistant hurts them a bit as he was an excellent one.  They will have to stay healthy as they are a bit thin on numbers this year....hopefully they have some good numbers coming in to replenish.  One advantage W-B has is they have back ups at every weight from 126 up(probably about 30 fat testing) so they are allowed to move around much more and injuries may not be as fatal to them.  I guess we will see soon!!!!!

Gizmo6

Should be an interesting year.

padre

Pretty much very little has changed in my thoughts who will win the Bonduel vs WB dual after watching both teams Tuesday night.  This match will be a dandy.