Time to Revamp Student Testing

Started by imnofish, October 23, 2014, 11:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

http://educationopportunitynetwork.org/democrats-should-listen-to-what-senator-whitehouse-said-about-education-policy/

Ignore the title; not wanting to make this a political thing, because this issue is definitely a bipartisan failure.  Please read the entire article, as there are various nuggets that you might find enlightening and relevant to the topic at hand. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Quote from: imnofish on January 23, 2015, 12:36:52 PM
http://educationopportunitynetwork.org/democrats-should-listen-to-what-senator-whitehouse-said-about-education-policy/

Ignore the title; not wanting to make this a political thing, because this issue is definitely a bipartisan failure.  Please read the entire article, as there are various nuggets that you might find enlightening and relevant to the topic at hand. 

I am not trying to be a jerk here but frankly I will not even read it as the review of the first few sentences make it a very one sided view. Not trying offend you but I do not mind debating talking or discussing and like to here people's own take not that of which is written by someone else.

My interest is how you feel about the topics at hand then the political stuff is to some extent a non-issue.

imnofish

There is so much food for thought in the article that has nothing to do with politics.  Yes, the author does initially jab the Dems, but the main points about testing-related issues are why I posted the article.  Like I said, neither party is without blame, so politics is not what I'm pushing, here.  I'm not offended if you don't read it.  Each of us makes our own choices. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

ramjet

Well in the end it's nice to have discussion and understand each of our perspectives.

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on January 25, 2015, 08:47:03 AM
Well in the end it's nice to have discussion and understand each of our perspectives.

+1