10-thoughts-bears-packers

Started by imnofish, September 29, 2014, 10:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Ha ha I have one thought;

Cutler may be one of the better defensive player for the Pack. ;D

imnofish

Well, to be fair, the Packers defensive secondary made a good play on the first interception and tipped the ball up.  On the second one, the receiver ran the wrong route; the Packers Radio Network even pointed that one out.  Not saying the guy is perfect, but he didn't lose the game single-handedly any more than Rodgers won it single-handedly.  I believe the biggest boost to the Packers came from the ability to victimize the Bears depleted and inexperienced defensive secondary.  Without Jared Allen up front, their pass rush was weak and Rodgers had more time to let receivers get free.  Good win for the Packers; just what they needed.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DrSnide

Biggest difference between the Packers and the Bears is that Rodgers is a much better QB.  Simple as that.  Both defenses are poor (Packers have the better secondary, Bears are better (not as horrible?) against the run) and both have a plethora of weapons on offense (Nelson, Cobb, Marshall, Forte, etc) but Rodgers is just a much, much better QB.

I will say this, Kyle Fuller is struggling a bit as a rookie, but he looks pretty good out there.  Pretty sure he's going to be a thorn for awhile, if his ankles recover from that move Cobb put on him ;)

On the other side, continue to be impressed with Clinton-Dix.  Not sure how much longer you can continue to start Hyde over him, particularly when covering TEs.   >:(
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

ramjet

Quote from: TomM on September 29, 2014, 11:10:58 AM
Packer Insurance Policy: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/fC4QXMgVDtg/0.jpg

All things aside he is a good QB and theBearsneed stability at that position look at the yards they racked up yesterday.

bigG

"Pretty sure he's going to be a thorn for awhile, if his ankles recover from that move Cobb put on him Wink"

That was butter, baby.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

ramjet

Here is an interesting fact about the game yesterday NO PUNTS it may be the 2 game in NFL history.

First time of course in the storied rivalry of Da Bears vs The Da Pack

bigG

I never even noticed the no punt thing until the end of the game , when they said such. That is rare indeed.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Yeah, that was nice that the punters had a day off.  I don't think either of them even dressed for the game.   ;)