Fire Roenicke Now!

Started by easytopin, September 21, 2014, 11:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

I wonder if Bill Meuller would be interested.  

He resigned from the Cubs because he didn't like the way they handled the minor league hitting coach.  You've gotta love integrity.

... and - the guy could hit.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

neutral

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/ron-roenicke-will-return-as-brewers-manager-in-2015-b99368536z1-278828051.html

This is an overly long article that can be boiled down to ...

We talked ... and we agreed we should continue to talk from time to time ... to evaluate & give feedback to one another.

We (Melvin & Roenicke) kept ourselves - because, although we admit there are areas we are responsible for where we could have done bbetter ... we are growing in the process.

We have fired Narron & Iorg - because, even though they have worked hard with and have good relationships with the players ... somebody has to pay the price of losing ... (and it ain't gonna be us).

We talked ... and we talked some more ... and agreed we should talk again ...

TomM

Quote from: neutral on October 11, 2014, 10:43:42 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/ron-roenicke-will-return-as-brewers-manager-in-2015-b99368536z1-278828051.html

This is an overly long article that can be boiled down to ...

We talked ... and we agreed we should continue to talk from time to time ... to evaluate & give feedback to one another.

We (Melvin & Roenicke) kept ourselves - because, although we admit there are areas we are responsible for where we could have done bbetter ... we are growing in the process.

We have fired Narron & Iorg - because, even though they have worked hard with and have good relationships with the players ... somebody has to pay the price of losing ... (and it ain't gonna be us).

We talked ... and we talked some more ... and agreed we should talk again ...

heh heh heh... good stuff.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

What do you have to do to be fired as the first base coach? It's just a place holder coaching job. No one of any importance coaches there.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

How's Ned Yost looking right now?  ;D

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

easytopin

So I guess I am confused....it was Roenicke who was the successful one...oh I see. inappropriate term03

neutral

Quote from: Ghetto on October 11, 2014, 09:50:14 PM

Yost wouldn't have been able to win here like he does in KC.  They built that team for speed & defense. 
The Brewers build for power ... and hope for defense.

DrSnide

Quote from: Ghetto on October 11, 2014, 09:50:14 PM

Ned Yost is going to the World Series.  Let that one sink in a bit.

Even better, one third of their starting line up were acquired by trade from the Brewers.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

I love da Brewers, but the thing I always loved abut baseball was I played better the more mellow I was. I'd like to be that fan. I'm not. But boy Yost's head was gonna roll here. You were either for him or against him. Very little middle.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.