Fire Roenicke Now!

Started by easytopin, September 21, 2014, 11:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

This is his mess...its time to go.

Ghetto

Night after night in big games we can't lay down sacrifice bunts. We have lost too many games because professional baseball players can't do the most basic of skills.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TomM

Get your Hank or Yount bobble head doll... AND/OR purchase that I 'heart' Hank t-shirt...
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

boowrestle

Hey guys i hate to say it but RR doesnt go up to the plate and hit for these guys!!i could see hitting coach getting the axe but RR will not.
you can run but you cannot hide.

Ghetto

Quote from: boowrestle on September 21, 2014, 07:29:21 PM
Hey guys i hate to say it but RR doesnt go up to the plate and hit for these guys!!i could see hitting coach getting the axe but RR will not.

Agreed

The bats have gone silent at the worst time. They've scored 1 run in the last 18 innings. The bullpen blew three games last week that would have had them right there in the mix. But they scored like 2 runs in those games as well.

On a sort of positive note, the starting pitching has been lights out. Wily Peralta was sick today.

neutral

Melvin will be here through 2015 at least ... and Roenicke is on club options after this year.  I think Melvin has done a very good job ... except 1B - so I hope he'll be here for a long time to come.  I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about Roenicke - except I don't sense he's a great button-pusher.

If somebody proven is available and sincerely interested ... I'd be interested in a change but I wouldn't want to see the next promising managerial candidate at this point ... unless it's Sveum.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

DrSnide

But RR does encourage the aggressive base running style that has so often produced stupid outs to kill innings - and this is from a guy who likes aggressive base running.  I have to believe the hitting coach is in trouble - the plate discipline has been awful.  Maybe that's the essential problem, an overall lack of fundementals and discipline - which you can put at a manager's feet.  I like RR but this collapse was pretty bad and needs some kind of accountability.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

neutral

... i could see hitting coach getting the axe but RR will not.

There's not much the hitting coach can do with these guys - it's the way they've always hit ... and the way they hit the first the first 4 moinths of the season.  The're going to be more inclined to think their in a slump ... and what they've done for 4 months is going to come back to them ... than to try to change their approach at the point in the season that things started sliding.

The trouble is that that has to also be what Roenicke thought.  He's the guy that can sit guys down if they don't adjust - he just didn't expect them to ... maybe didn't even ask them to.

Now that you've made me think about it ... I vote for Svuem for 2015.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

boowrestle

Robin Yount as new hitting coach!!

Ghetto

If Ryan Braun was even close to the Ryan Braun of the past, the Brewers would be winning the Central. He's not himself, and I wonder with that thumb if he ever will be. If he was .315 30 and 110 there's no question in my mind. Hitting is contagious, and having to pitch around Braun would have helped everyone else.

I hope that rest will make it happen. I put way to much into Brewer season to watch them fade another year.

Clark needs a shot. I assume they don't see Hunter Morris as an every day guy.

TomM

Should the Brewers be able to renegotiate Ryan Brauns contract, so they are paying a player who plays at the level he plays at now?

boowrestle

Tom i say yes they should be able to ,but they cant they both signed the contract they are stuck with it :(.I really would like to know what the Rockies were asking for in trade for moneau????

TomM

Maybe they should sue Braun for breach (sp?) of contract of some kind.  After all, he was breaking rules of the league to obtain that contract.

easytopin

Hurry up already....ten games under .500 since May.

easytopin

Now that Kirk Gibson is available I'd consider him...at least he has a pulse.