not fair ... but not inaccurate

Started by neutral, September 19, 2014, 01:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

neutral

After another night of watching Reynolds butcher 1B ... I would like to change this topic name to "fair ... and not innacurate"".

Weeks' throw was bad ... but catchable - and if it wasn't ... any acceptable 1B knows to go get the ball at the expense of the out.

Preseason - I was hoping they would have put Braun at 1B.  There are a lot more & better OF options than 1B options.  I also think Braun could flourish at 1B - being back in the IF ... and more involved in the game.  At least he would not be a defensive liability.   And now, with Parra, it would open an OF spot for Davis.

Also - Weeks should be gone after this year - and I say "good-bye" to platoons.  They need to have options on the other side of the plate - but those should be spot appearance.  Parra and Davis have to be on the field at the same time ... and Gennett has lost a full season of seeing left handed pitching.  He's too good of a hitter not to have developed that part of his game.  Platooning is like having 2 starting QBs - it only means that neither is good enough.  That isn't the case at 2B ... and it is the case at 1B

(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

DrSnide

After two straight seasons of awful first base play someone should be held accountable.  Anyone could see the largest need going into the season was not addressed and it continued to be a massive albatross.  Not sure what the options are for next season but its time to prepare now.  Maybe move A Ram to 1st if he is kept?  That just opens up a hole at 3rd though - but that is going to be an issue next season or the season after that either way.  Lucroy at 1st full time with an off season to prepare and have Maldy start?  I like the idea of lessening the wear and tear on Lucroy.  I think Braun at 1st is a viable option also. 

In any event, something needs to change.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

boowrestle

I say you go out and sign Casey Mcgee to play 3rd base,Clark should be starting at 1st rest of this yr and next season,they need to figure the outfield out because you cant have 2 time gold glove winner(Parra) sitting on the bench.
you can run but you cannot hide.