keeps on ticking

Started by littleguy301, September 03, 2014, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

These past 4 months have been interesting to say the least for my old guy Digger.

First in May I ran him over and thought it was the end

Second in June he dislocated  his front shoulder and I thought it was going to be time.

Both those 2 times I carried him outside morning and night because he could not walk and each morning when we were going to take him into the vet he decided to walk and shook it off and the vet has no answer but the vet said he has a reason to live so I guess that is that.

Third, he took a 3" by 3" square rawhide from my young guy and swallowed it and then stopped breathing and fell down. By the time I got there Digger was stiff (20 seconds latter) all 4 legs in the air and his eyes rolled back and no breathing. I was about to preform CPR on him and then he swallowed it and peed and gave a dog smile and with in a couple minutes shook it off and wanted some scratches.

Now after a weekend with my daughter and her 2 dogs, digger is limping around and being slow. I got home early today and he just looked gassed but none the less a couple of scratches he will not leave my side and isnt limping anymore. Man that dog!

Not sure what to say but my digger has several lives and he just still is a happy guy. He just amazes me though I do know that his time is coming but he is sure living life according to his way.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

Glad Digger is doing well. 
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

imnofish

Digger sounds like a tough ol' boy!  Glad to hear that he's still hanging in there!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Stadium clap for Digger!!! Hope that bull keeps on ticking.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

I thank you guys and so does digger!!!!!!!

I also forgot to put in their that when he was in for his shoulder they also discovered that his opposite front foot in the ankle area was broken. That hasnt bothered him to much but this week he seems to be limping. I will add that my "grandpuppies" stayed for a couple of days (trade off for my daughter watching my 2) and digger wanted some play time also. Mind says go but the body says NO!

his teeth are rotting out and he bleeds at times when he eats though he sits still for my weekly teeth brushing. I try but age has me beat with the teeth.

Yes he is a tough guy, I liken him to that 220 finals match in 13 when the one kid dislocated his shoulder and they popped it in and he says cut the time and lets go.

Side note: if you have ever met me, digger and I look like each other to the tee. I will say that digger has an inch in the neck area on me though ;D

littleguy301

My dad told me once that once in your life time you get that 1 dog that is special. He reminds me that digger is that one for me. My dad has been preparing me for the future. My dad knows that I have a "smooth" heart and I get attached to animals.

I am lucky to have that dog and still have my dad for those "priceless" moments also. My master card takes care of the rest ;D

littleguy301

Now the latest, my dog has some terrible breath and I knew he had some rotten teeth but the vet removed 6 of those teeth the other day. Now the breath is good.

My dog now is missing 6 teeth on his left side of his mouth but that did NOT stop him from having some hard dog treats last night ::)

imnofish

Just went through the dental thing with our little dog recently.  Went in for a cleaning and they found 2 bad teeth hiding in there, so they yanked 'em.  Then, her blood tests yielded some strange results, so we had to go back later for a second test.  Apparently, she just has strange blood, but it's not causing any problems.  Over half a grand for the bill, but she's worth it.  Not as tough as Digger, though.  No hard treats for 2 weeks, for her.  Now that she's been cleared by the vet, she's obviously determined to catch up on her biscuit quota. BTW, she asked me to keep her anonymous on the internet, since she has her public image to uphold.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

bigG

In honor of Digger. I used to want one of these so bad when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6J0a9vaAw0

imnofish

I remember those toys!  Haven't seen that commercial in years.  If you had one, what would you do with all of the plastic dog droppings?   ;)

bigG

Digger didn't poop. Puppy Puddles peed, though. That's why I always wanted to invent Puppy Piles. :)

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on October 10, 2014, 06:51:12 AM
Digger didn't poop. Puppy Puddles peed, though. That's why I always wanted to invent Puppy Piles. :)

When you say Puppy Piles, are you referring to doggy doo-doo or hound hemorrhoids?   ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: bigG on October 09, 2014, 06:56:09 AM
In honor of Digger. I used to want one of these so bad when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6J0a9vaAw0

I remember those also ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: imnofish on October 08, 2014, 11:23:26 PM
Just went through the dental thing with our little dog recently.  Went in for a cleaning and they found 2 bad teeth hiding in there, so they yanked 'em.  Then, her blood tests yielded some strange results, so we had to go back later for a second test.  Apparently, she just has strange blood, but it's not causing any problems.  Over half a grand for the bill, but she's worth it.  Not as tough as Digger, though.  No hard treats for 2 weeks, for her.  Now that she's been cleared by the vet, she's obviously determined to catch up on her biscuit quota. BTW, she asked me to keep her anonymous on the internet, since she has her public image to uphold.   ;D

Well he is figuring out he doesnt have teeth on the one side, he is adjusting his eating quite well not since the first 2 fell out of his mouth ;D

wraslfan

C'mon LG, he's old...buy him the gourmet soft stuff in a can! He'll like you even more.  ;D

bigG

Something tells me Digger isn't a Fancy Feast pooch. Little Alpo might just hit the spot, though.