--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

DrSnide

Quote from: maggie on August 07, 2014, 08:52:23 AM
doc, where a bouts on the chip?...Haley area?

Jim Falls.Dam and the NSP Dam by downtown Chippewa.  My boys are there almost every night - been eating a lot of fish this summer
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Handles II

I was north of Hayward on our little lake twice in the past 3 weeks. They weren't jumping in the boat. Water is up nearly 4ft over just 2 year ago (that's a very good thing!). Normally at this time of the year, pike and largemouth are hammering topwaters, but that wasn't the case at all. I caught most of the fish on swimbaits in 15-20 ft of water. No walleye in our lake, so I can't comment on that, and we didn't bring the ultralight stuff for bluegills or perch.

bigG

Quote from: DrSnide on August 07, 2014, 10:03:32 AM
Quote from: maggie on August 07, 2014, 08:52:23 AM
doc, where a bouts on the chip?...Haley area?

Jim Falls.Dam and the NSP Dam by downtown Chippewa.  My boys are there almost every night - been eating a lot of fish this summer

I've been to that dam.

My son and I killed the smallies below the east fork of the Burnet river dam. Tried three lakes in the Winter area. Couple of crappie and a few small northerns and a few baby walleyes. Parked the boat and hit the dam. Good stuff. Fan turned me on to a lure (Erie Deerie) that was new to me. Had a Musky follow that sucker right up to shore. He just didn't take it!! Fishtrap Bluegill and lake Winter sucked. River=good. ???

It was a beautiful week, though.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Spent several days fishing up on Lost Land and Teal Lakes (Hayward/Clam Lake area) with my young granddaughter.  She caught a few nice bass, but mostly panfish.  The crappies were good, as she caught several 10"+  and good numbers.  Lots of perch and bluegills, too.  She kept count and was darn proud that she caught over 100 fish.  She just turned 9, so she's now at the point where she baits her own hook, unhooks her own fish, and releases them herself.  Pretty darn good little caster, too.  Grandpa tried the muskies a few times, but couldn't seem to find any.  That action has been slow, but the bigger pike have been pretty active.  The few muskies that have been caught recently have been bigger and have been taking smaller baits.  Water temps are still hovering in the low 70's.  I noticed that the mosquito bite has slowed a bit, as well.   8) 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!