Challenge Series

Started by Hoople, July 30, 2014, 06:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoople

Where can I find more information on the Challenge Series for JV wrestlers? Dates, host schools, etc. Is it a lock for this upcoming season and what will be the specifications for participation? Minimum number of varsity matches wrestled, grade level restrictions, etc?

TomM

Wisconsin Wrestling Challenge Series 2015
http://www.wiwrestling.com/wwca/challenge/2015.htm

Some discussion here: http://wiwrestling.info/index.php?board=189.0
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Chris Hansen

-yes, it is a lock for this season
-January 10th and 24th
-See the chart for your Regional
-Wausau West is location for the Championship
-The only requirement to keep in mind is that the Regional counts as one of your 7 multi's and the Championship counts as another (if you qualify).  This is different than at the Varsity level.
-There is no age restriction, no maximum number of Varsity matches or wins, and yes, an athlete is still eligible for Conference and Regionals (as long as he has not went past 7 multi's).  So if you have a great Varsity athlete who wants to win a Junior Varsity tournament, feel free  ???
-I believe the top 3 will advance to a 24 man bracket at the Championship.
-You can enter multiple wrestlers in each weight at the Regional so your entire team can compete, not just 14.

Houndhead

Quote from: Chris Hansen on July 31, 2014, 12:12:30 PM
-January 10th and 24th
-See the chart for your Regional
-Wausau West is location for the Championship
-The only requirement to keep in mind is that the Regional counts as one of your 7 multi's and the Championship counts as another (if you qualify).  This is different than at the Varsity level.
-There is no age restriction, no maximum number of Varsity matches or wins, and yes, an athlete is still eligible for Conference and Regionals (as long as he has not went past 7 multi's).  So if you have a great Varsity athlete who wants to win a Junior Varsity tournament, feel free  ???
-I believe the top 3 will advance to a 24 man bracket at the Championship.
-You can enter multiple wrestlers in each weight at the Regional so your entire team can compete, not just 14.

One problem I see, is Neillsville is supposed to travel 157 miles to Mineral Point instead of only 57 miles to Eau Claire. I would not blame them if they opt not to make the trip.

TomM

Quote from: Chris Hansen on July 31, 2014, 12:12:30 PM
-January 10th (Regions) and 24th (Final) (Correct)
-See the chart for your Regional http://www.wiwrestling.com/wwca/challenge/2015.htm
-Wausau West is location for the Championship (Correct)
-The only requirement to keep in mind is that the Regional counts as one of your 7 multi's and the Championship counts as another (if you qualify).  This is different than at the Varsity level. (That would be 'JV team multi's'.)
-There is no age restriction, no maximum number of Varsity matches or wins, and yes, an athlete is still eligible for Conference and Regionals (as long as he has not went past 7 multi's).  So if you have a great Varsity athlete who wants to win a Junior Varsity tournament, feel free   (Some limit/cap/guideline/consideration may be recommended concerning the 'varsity' experience a wrestler may have accumulated during the 2014-2015 season and still be eligible to enter the Challenge Series. It is not determined at this time.)
-I believe the top 3 will advance to a 24 man bracket at the Championship.  (It has not been set in stone yet as to the number of Finals qualifiers from each Region.  Numbers of entries, mat space, time at Region locations and Finals all have to be considered.  A great deal of careful thought is going into the process.)
At this moment (as of today, August 1, 2014) the guidelines and details are still being determined for the 'Challenge Series'.   Official word on the specifics and particulars will come out in the fall of 2014.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"