Augsburg Coach Mark Matzek heading to Ellsworth

Started by pantherphotoman, July 29, 2014, 05:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

That's a surprise move, for sure - great way for Ellsworth to come out of their coaching situation. They don't miss a beat.

Anybody else thinking Fader in Augsburg maroon? One door closes - another opens.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

buc65

Quote from: npope on July 29, 2014, 06:10:10 AM
That's a surprise move, for sure - great way for Ellsworth to come out of their coaching situation. They don't miss a beat.

Anybody else thinking Fader in Augsburg maroon? One door closes - another opens.

I'm not sure if Augsburg will jump into that situation, but Fader becoming their coach was my first thought as well.

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Street Glide

Ellsworth certainly has reloaded after Steldts departure.  As deep as their program is its not surprising they do what's needed to be one of the top programs in the state.  I have a feeling they're going to need to rally the troops this year.  Lol.lol.

littleguy301

like I asked in the middle border thread, didnt Ellsworth already name a head coach in Sheley from LaCrosse?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

NWIS

With 5 returning state qualifiers, AA, national champ Adam Sheley and 2x national champ Mark Matzek as coaches; Ellsworth may have already re-loaded. Amery has a fine squad that may keep them from a 10 straight appearance at team state.

Street Glide

Quote from: littleguy301 on July 29, 2014, 09:03:04 PM
like I asked in the middle border thread, didnt Ellsworth already name a head coach in Sheley from LaCrosse?

Sounds like they now have both.  They certainly won't be short on coaches with Sheley, Matzek, and I believe Carson Huppert is still there. 

littleguy301

Dont forget some names, the legendary middle school coach, legendary middle school coaches son (which I think has some serious skills as a coach in waiting) a guy named Lantz may be in once in awhile. Throw in a few hines, Melstroms, Erlandson and some more former wrestlers and you have some pretty incredible coaches and training partners in that room. Now that I think about it, not sure if some of those high end clubs have that many people with that many pieces of hardware on the high school and college level in the same room at the same time. Pretty incredible to say the least.

Plus when you have the FESTER U just up the road, it is a making of some serious training ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

npope

Quote from: littleguy301 on July 29, 2014, 09:03:04 PM

That sounds familiar so I did a quick internet search and found this article (http://www.piercecountyherald.com/content/ehs-hires-sheley-join-wrestling-coaching-staff).

Adam Sheley has been hired as a coach for the Ellsworth High School wrestling program.
Sheley is a national championship wrestler from UW-La Crosse. He won the 2013 NCAA Division III title at 141 pounds and compiled a 97-15 collegiate record. He is a native of Geneseo, Ill.
Last season Sheley was a student-coach for the Eagles' program.
EHS Athletic Director Ann Anderson said Sheley has been hired to wrestling program's coaching staff and positions within the staff such head coach and assistant coaches will be determined when the school year begins
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Kevin Black

To shed some light on the subject, athletic director Ann Anderson's maiden name is Radabaugh.  She's Jack's daughter and has done a great job of hiring individuals that have helped the wrestling team.
Isaiah 26:8

TomM

FinalWord

It's about time That program finally has something to look forward to. ::)
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

TomM

I wish all school administrations would look after their coaching staffs in all sports and extracurricular activities as the important entities they are. Whether a person has a teaching degree or not,  they really have the important role of 'educator' and must perform as such.

badgerjohn

Quote from: Kevin Black on July 30, 2014, 08:32:53 AM
To shed some light on the subject, athletic director Ann Anderson's maiden name is Radabaugh.  She's Jack's daughter and has done a great job of hiring individuals that have helped the wrestling team.

Stacking the deck. 

Jack will be busier than ever training all the new staff  ;)
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11