Searching for Elite Wrestling clubs in Wisconsin

Started by adam, July 26, 2014, 07:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam

Hello, i am moving to Wisconsin. I am not familiar with any Wrestling clubs in this state. My son currently goes to a club in Idaho. Team Suples. They train 6 days a week. The coaches at Suples have Olympic training experience. My Question is are there clubs like this caliber and where. Thank you for any input you may have.

Vinsanity 4

What part of the state are you moving to? Several quality elite clubs in the Badger state. Dennis Hall is an Olympian. He runs a club in the Central part of the State.

littleguy301

Ben Askren in the Milwaukee area has the AWA and Ben has a wrestling background that is hard to top.

Dennis Hall like mentioned.

On the Western part in the Twin Cities you have pinnicle which has former olympians on staff and several NCAA AA that are involved.

Also there are many other excellent clubs through the state that may not have the huge names but they get some pretty awesome results out of their wrestlers on the state scene.

Victory
LAW
X-Factor
Ringers
Crass Trained
Higher Level

and I am sorry if I left out some, just off the top of my head.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

adam

we are moving to get closer to my wifes family. they are mostly in wausau area. but anywhere in the state for the most part. thanks for your input

OldAbes72

There is no good wrestling in the Wausau area. They couldn't use a high caliber wrestler I would suggest twin cities area. Hudson is a nice city. 😛

shoes

Sounds like Old Abes 72 is bias  ;D.  There are many great wrestling schools with great coaches in the Wausau and surrounding area.  If you are looking for a home to purchase give me a shout before I sign on with a realtor and save thousands. 

bman

If the Wausau area is a place you might move to, World Gold Wrestling is only 30-45 minutes south of Wausau in Stevens Point, WI. 
The club owner/coach is World Champion and 3x Olympian (Olympic Silver Medalist) Dennis Hall. Since you are in ID at Suples, talk to Ivan about Dennis.

adam

Thanks for all your input. after all my research i think it comes down to hudson and stevens point. on that last post i plan on talking to Ivan but not looking forward to it. lol. he does not know we are planning on leaving yet.

The Last Ride

Quote from: adam on July 28, 2014, 01:16:29 PM
Thanks for all your input. after all my research i think it comes down to hudson and stevens point. on that last post i plan on talking to Ivan but not looking forward to it. lol. he does not know we are planning on leaving yet.

Hudson!!!!
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

PH

If you are moving to the Wausau area,  the Wittenberg-Birnamwood wrestling program would welcome you with open arms.  We are 20 miles east of Wausau, right on highway 29.

littleguy301

Quote from: OldAbes72 on July 27, 2014, 04:16:02 PM
There is no good wrestling in the Wausau area. They couldn't use a high caliber wrestler I would suggest twin cities area. Hudson is a nice city. 😛

really, is that the best you can come up with?

How about the incredible growing area of the Twin Cities and the low unemployment in that area and to live in Wisconsin in a nice peaceful area away from the hustle and bustle of the city life but yet close enough to handle all of your families needs ;)

Heck if you thinking Hudson why not another 10-15 miles east and get into a nice small town enviorment with some young wrestling coaches and towns where people know your name and you know them also ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Street Glide

Quote from: littleguy301 on August 03, 2014, 12:48:53 PM
Quote from: OldAbes72 on July 27, 2014, 04:16:02 PM

really, is that the best you can come up with?

How about the incredible growing area of the Twin Cities and the low unemployment in that area and to live in Wisconsin in a nice peaceful area away from the hustle and bustle of the city life but yet close enough to handle all of your families needs ;)

Ellsworth has enough already LG. :) :) :) :)
Heck if you thinking Hudson why not another 10-15 miles east and get into a nice small town enviorment with some young wrestling coaches and towns where people know your name and you know them also ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

5799gb

I thought he was talking about Spring Valley. It would be worth Adams time to see what the Hurlbert family thought of there transition here last fall and the Crass school or Victory.