Here Comes the Slide

Started by easytopin, July 20, 2014, 09:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

No faster than you can say No Wooten or don't hit it to Davis we lose another.  Again no strike zone knowledge, to me this is a Roenicke and Narron thing.  3 more weeks of this and something will have to be done to shake things up. 

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

boowrestle

Only slide we are going to be seeing is Bernie making multiple trip down his slide thru out the remainder of the season and then the playoffs!!!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

bigG

I'm a hopin'; but we could pay some serious attention to base running and situational hitting.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

This team has been in first place since April. When is the last time something like that happened? I can't remember it in my lifetime.

And they are doing it with Braun not at 100%, Garza and Lohse battling injuries, and Jim Henderson never really pitching at all this season. Segura has been bad offensively. And despite all that, still in first place.

The injuries to Garza and Lohse may be blessings in disguise come playoff time. Less innings on the arm are good.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

boowrestle

Ghetto/Couldnt agree more!!!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

Houndhead

I think this team made a big statement in the last week winning home and away series against the Dodger's aces.

Ghetto

Unless the wheels fall off today (they are up 7-0 right now) they are going to sweep the Dodgers. Pretty nice, considering they have Greinke and Kershaw. I hate to be optimistic, but things are looking good. They had a cold stretch and seem like they are starting to come out of it a bit.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

Hard to believe considering the absence of Garza and Loshe from the rotation.

easytopin

What the heck is up with Mike Fiers??? strikeout king??

TomM

He is inspired by 'Hank' the dog...  8)
woof
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

easytopin

At least St Louis is sliding with us

easytopin

Goodbye Roenicke and Jerry Narron

DrSnide

Wow,  this season turned into a dumpster fire quickly. 

Traditionally I only ask the crew to give me something to listen to when I run before football season.  But this has been just an epic collapse all around.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso