Had a scare!!!!

Started by littleguy301, May 19, 2014, 09:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Last Satuarday I was heading out to the dump. My big guy always was my partner in those missions. The last few years he hasnt been as forthcoming with is excitment to go to the dump.

Well not this past Satuarday, he was outside and waiting by the truck and playing with the young pup. Well I knew he was there and I slowly back up and then I heard a YELP and it was the little guy. I thought I ran over the new pup (he isnt the best with cars yet). I stopped the truck and got out only to see the young guy barking and running and then I saw what NO dog owner every wants to see. My big guy army crawling into the house. I noticed his leg and so some rubber marks and in my panic I ran to him.

By this time I was crying and saying I was sorry. I felt his back leg and all I felt was crunching. I really teared up because the first though with his bad hips that this was the end. My wife called the vet and we got in. I carried the dog to the truck and put him in the back seat. I then carried him into the vet figuring the worst. The vet told me to put him down.

At this point the dog has not even tried to walk and I figured it was bad. After the vet told me to put the dog down he stated that he had to go back into another room quick and he would be right back out. Well I put the dog down and he would have none of that and followed the vet into the other room walking just fine.. Well call me dumb but I was shocked to say the least. We then went into the examination room and my big guy just wanted to go home. The vet looked him over and said lets see him walk to just make sure.

At that time the vets little puppy stuck her nose into the room and my guy took off after that little puppy at full speed for a 13 year old. I guess that answered any questions. So while my wife paid I took my dog out to the truck, opened the door and up he went into the truck like he was a pup.

I guess he got what he really wanted, a trip to the dump and some scratches form the locals and some attention.

Man that was an emotional roller coaster to say the least!!!!!!

He is truely a rock star, he is laying next to me as I type sleeping away after putting the run on the neighbors dog earlier today.

Also I have to say this,,,,,,my big boy always sits in the front seat but with his what looked to be a bad injury I put him in the back seat so he could lay down. My wife sat in the front seat. After the vet trip I put him into the back seat again and he then positioned himself to stare down my wife and let her know that the seat she is in was his ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Man, what a dog ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DrSnide

Quote from: littleguy301 on May 19, 2014, 09:40:38 PM
Last Satuarday I was heading out to the dump. My big guy always was my partner in those missions. The last few years he hasnt been as forthcoming with is excitment to go to the dump.

Well not this past Satuarday, he was outside and waiting by the truck and playing with the young pup. Well I knew he was there and I slowly back up and then I heard a YELP and it was the little guy. I thought I ran over the new pup (he isnt the best with cars yet). I stopped the truck and got out only to see the young guy barking and running and then I saw what NO dog owner every wants to see. My big guy army crawling into the house. I noticed his leg and so some rubber marks and in my panic I ran to him.

By this time I was crying and saying I was sorry. I felt his back leg and all I felt was crunching. I really teared up because the first though with his bad hips that this was the end. My wife called the vet and we got in. I carried the dog to the truck and put him in the back seat. I then carried him into the vet figuring the worst. The vet told me to put him down.

At this point the dog has not even tried to walk and I figured it was bad. After the vet told me to put the dog down he stated that he had to go back into another room quick and he would be right back out. Well I put the dog down and he would have none of that and followed the vet into the other room walking just fine.. Well call me dumb but I was shocked to say the least. We then went into the examination room and my big guy just wanted to go home. The vet looked him over and said lets see him walk to just make sure.

At that time the vets little puppy stuck her nose into the room and my guy took off after that little puppy at full speed for a 13 year old. I guess that answered any questions. So while my wife paid I took my dog out to the truck, opened the door and up he went into the truck like he was a pup.

I guess he got what he really wanted, a trip to the dump and some scratches form the locals and some attention.

Man that was an emotional roller coaster to say the least!!!!!!

He is truely a rock star, he is laying next to me as I type sleeping away after putting the run on the neighbors dog earlier today.

Also I have to say this,,,,,,my big boy always sits in the front seat but with his what looked to be a bad injury I put him in the back seat so he could lay down. My wife sat in the front seat. After the vet trip I put him into the back seat again and he then positioned himself to stare down my wife and let her know that the seat she is in was his ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Man, what a dog ;D

Wow.  What a scary, heat wrenching thing to happen.  So glad he's doing well, you must have been just sick on that ride over. 
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

imnofish

Glad to hear it was a false alarm, LG.  I know if anything happened to my little pup it would break my heart.  The good news is that a lot of dogs overcome severe leg injuries or the loss of a leg amazingly well.  I remember my cousin's dog getting in the way when he was chopping wood, so it lost a hind leg.  That was pretty scary and he felt really bad about it, but by the time the stump healed over, the dog was getting around as well as ever.  After that, we called him the arithmetic dog, because he always put down 3 and carried 1.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

My neighbor lost hus buddy in just such an accident. He's still crushed.

Glad you had a happy ending. My guy won't let me go to the dump without his butt shotgun in the truck. Important time in a dog's life.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

With my long story it was my old guy that got run over.

Yes, when I saw him army crawling through the garage I cried and couldnt stop saying I was sorry to my old guy as I held him.

It was also a learning curve for my boy, he aint never seen his big old tough daddie crying. We had a nice talk about that also. Win/win all the way around.

My old guy this morning tore into the neighbor dog and for the 1 millionth time, told that neighbor dog not to do his business in my old guys yard. Man you would think that the neighbor dog would listen and stop doing his business in our yard ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

that old guy of mine is that once in a lifetime dog. While his hips are failing he still has alot of spark in those eyes. I take it as he still has some things to do before he is calling it.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Sounds like a great dog with a lot of character!   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!