Ron Roenicke What the H?

Started by easytopin, May 11, 2014, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytopin

Don't challenge call at 2nd...and now ya don't have a backup outfielder not bunt Gomez over to 3rd.  We have a weak defense and need every run we can get.  Without Braun we seem to have no O, no plate discipline, and strike out way too much.

TomM

but, but, but ... they have 'Hank' .... woof! 8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

boowrestle

Easytopin?They won didnt they?Weak defense,rest of the national league must be absolutly terrible then,being that the Brewers are #4 in team defense!Quit complaining and enjoy the ride!!!
you can run but you cannot hide.

Handles II

I agree, we have squeaked out a bunch of wins by getting hits when we needed them (like Weeks on Saturday) and doing enough on defense/pitching to keep games within reach. It's a bit like a win by one in wrestling, might not have been a pin, but we will take it.

Ghetto

I just hope he puts Weeks in the lineup come Tuesday. The guy is hot. You have to ride him.

Man that was painful to type.  ;D
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Houndhead

Quote from: Ghetto on May 12, 2014, 09:16:39 AM
I just hope he puts Weeks in the lineup come Tuesday. The guy is hot. You have to ride him.

Man that was painful to type.  ;D

Agreed. But I think it will be Scooter on tuesday and Rickie the next two day against letfies.

beanertimm

Quote from: Houndhead on May 12, 2014, 12:12:32 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 12, 2014, 09:16:39 AM

Man that was painful to type.  ;D

Agreed.

And then take the best trade you can get for him.

easytopin

Again back to back nights of manager ineptitude against the Orioles.  It makes me throw up watching how he handles the pitching staff and how he refuses to move runners over. 

Ghetto

If Segura completes the double play they get out of that inning and the three run homer doesn't exist. Can't give away freebies like that.

easytopin

Agreed but Garza has proven to basically be a solid 6 inning guy and then falls apart. How about replace him then. He had given up 3 runs in two innings and we were all saying here it comes again.

How about have gomez bunt runner over with no outs man on 2nd. Showalter did it earlier and got a run in.

TomM

Very SPECIAL DOG BOBBLEHEAD coming your way... (just in case the record slips.... you have Hank... woof, woof...)

bigG

Gomez used to suck at bunting. He learned his much more formidable with that skill. Good lesson to yunguns. Gotta learn to bunt. Like to see it a little more.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

TomM

sniffff.... snifffff... woof...

bigoil

If we are going to question RR, how about the Rockies:

Friedrich (0-1) lasted six innings and surrendered nine runs, four earned, in his season debut. He is the 11th starting pitcher the Rockies have used this season.

The 26-year-old lefty, who missed most of last season due to back inflammation, was 1-8 with a 7.89 ERA for Triple-A Colorado Springs before being recalled.

Ghetto

The Rockies gave up three runs on one passed ball. It looks like they are already starting shut down mode.

And the Brewers just keep on winning. Sorta makes this bad weather go away.

It's also a shame they need to keep Wang on the roster. Wow is he bad. How does a lefty who throws 95 get pounded just about every time out? The one thing RR is going to have to do is bring up some guys from AAA to eat garbage innings somewhere. This is a potential playoff year. Can't have the bullpen implode late in the season.