Realign Wrestling Conferences?

Started by Huckfinn, February 05, 2015, 09:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckfinn

I will not hold my breath expecting interest in this topic, but I'll throw up a flare anyway.

It  sucks that the Big Ten is the only healthy wrestling conference.    Isn't it better to have at least one other quality  championship tournament?

The obvious disaster was Missouri and Nebraska leaving the Big 12.    Adding West Virginia!?  What a joke.

I'd love to see another wrestling conference on the level of the B1G.  Create a second superconference, much like is going on in football.
Merge the remnants of the Big 12 with the MAC, at least for a championship tournament. 

Missouri
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Iowa State
Northern Iowa
Old Dominion
Kent State
Central Michigan
That's a decent pooling of wrestling talent for a big show.

Out West, very slim pickins.   But at least merge the Western and Pacific conferences.  Or perhaps add teams to Big 12-centered conference.
North Dakota State
Wyoming
Oregon State
Arizona State

imnofish

No need to realign conferences.  Just qualify the top 6 B1G wrestlers in each weight class for Nationals.   ;D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!